Chapter 13

The moment he mentioned last night, Serena got angry. Naturally, she sounded unhappy as she said, "Who are you to enter my room without my permission!"

"Miss Serena, are you blaming me for helping you not to catch a cold last night?"

Serena clenched her teeth.

"Actually, You don't have to feel bad about it, anyway I will never fall for you."

What did this have to do with falling for her!

She glared at him and said nothing as she got up to leave for her company.

At the entrance of the villa.

Her bodyguard arranged by Anderson Family, Nick, waited for her respectfully and opened the car door for her.

Serena got into the car and ordered, "Please, Drive faster."

Stunned, Nick looked at the time.. "It's still early."

"Can't I want you to drive faster? Please!" Serena growled.

Nick felt that he was quite innocent. He had no idea how he had offended Madam.

The car drove faster.

When Serena arrived at the SK Firm building, there were not many employees, not even Louis.

Serena turned on her laptop and started working.

Fifteen minutes later, Louis hurriedly knocked on the door and entered. "Director."

"Did anything happen at the Trade and Commerce Bureau yesterday?"

"They didn't give us a clear reply," Louis said respectfully. "But they were collecting evidence for us the whole day yesterday. In the afternoon, we received a leaflet from the Industry and Commerce Bureau. They said that they had reported the situation of our SK Firm and KK Corporation to the Bureau of Commodity Prices and asked the Bureau of Commodity Prices to verify if KK Corporation has deliberately lowered their prices. They're not allowed to do any promotional activities for the time being."

"Mm-hm." Serena nodded.

"Director, is there anything else?"

"Let me know if there's any progress."

"Yes."

Louis left.

She picked up her cell phone again and said to Louis, "Let the Marketing Department's centers in charge of the activity carry out the original plan. KK Corporation's temporary marketing policy has been closed, and we will proceed as usual by getting the upper hand."

"Yes."

She pursed her lips and focused on her work as she continued with analyzing the designs for the next clothing series. 

*

*

*

Serena's POV

In the night, 

I was trying hard to sleep but was not able...an unknown fear kept me up in my room full of darkness...the memories of my past...of my mother...a bloodied bathtub...I wish she had been here. I used to be comforted by her whenever I was scared but everything changed twelve years ago. 

I put on all the lights in the bedroom, rolled in blanket, self-muttering: "I fear nothing, there isn't anything....No skull or anything, nothing ...."

I felt I was really nothing but a big and fake moose. Really good for nothing. At the moment though I was dead tired but was still very sober, could not sleep. Sleep as well as nightmares could not come.

Forget sleeping, let's watch a horror movie. I was afraid of ghosts, but at night with nothing else to do I really wanted to see a ghost movie. That kind of feeling, like knew it should not be done, doing it would have very serious consequences, but unable to hold back the heart from giving it a try, that kind of feeling, I don't know if you have ever experienced that or not.

Linda though sometimes made things very bad but most of the time they were quite to my liking. A few days ago, she sent me several horror movie DVDs , claiming that now it was left on me to liven up the atmosphere. Although, I thought that the idea of using horror movie to liven up the atmosphere certainly belonged to a screwed up mind, but on the basis of the principle "No need to waste a gift", I simply took it.

The best conditions to watch horror movies was, large room, big screen, late at night, have to be alone, except for the TV, all the lights must be turned off. After that a person cowering on the couch, trembling while watching, so stimulating.

Ethan's villa, no, I must call it our villa; our villa had a large living room, it had a set of a 65-inch LED television perfectly well-equipped. So I picked the DVD, softly ran to the living room, turned on the TV, put in the disc and adjusted the volume just right, so as to not wake up Ethan. After turning off the light, I retreated on the sofa, mouth opened while waiting for the horror scenes, prepared to give a good loud and shrill scream.

The movie began with a glamorous and beautiful woman giving a bizarre look, I guessed eighty percent either she was a ghost or was possessed by a ghost. As a result my nerves were tensed; watched more and even more carefully however it did not stuck. Throughout the movie there were no subtitles, explanation on the cover also pointed to a list of fables with some foreign names.-a pack of lies, Devil's words!! What made me think they were lies? First, Linda bought a gift for me and she did not even mind at all!!! Moreover, in more than half of the movie the ghost seemed very lascivious, there were a few subtitles in English that even I could recognize as violation of the ban! My heart grew more and more strange. Apparently this glamorous beauty girl was raped and killed and thus was really pitiful.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊