Chapter 6

Time flew by. In the blink of an eye, it was the day of the wedding.

It was said that  Serena's wedding dress was designed by the most famous designer that the Anderson family had spent a lot of money to hire. A wedding dress that was worth tens of millions was clearly a gesture of respect to the Evans family. However, Serena was not particularly happy to wear such an expensive wedding dress. She looked at herself in the mirror. She looked tender, with a bit of baby fat still in her cheeks. Her face was supple and soft. When she wore the wedding dress, she looked even more beautiful and charming.

Mrs. Amelia Evans entered the house and dismissed the makeup artist. Soon, only they were left in the bridal room. Mrs. Evans helped to straighten up the hem of her dress. Looking at her gorgeous and graceful Serena, she smiled, "Today I am really proud of my daughter."

Serena smiled and said "Alas, I could say the same for you. No wonder your husband fell for you since you are so great at acting." Serena was known to be fierce, straightforward and bold. She is honest with her thoughts and words.

"Child...I...Can't you just let go of the past?" Mrs. Amelia Evans said looking at her sadly.

"How can I? When it is the part of my life...you both are the sinners of her. I don't even want to see you, it disgusts me" Serena said calmly and remorsefully, "When will father give those things? I am keeping my promise by getting married, So now when will he fulfill his promise?"

"Here they are, In this box. But don't dare to break your promise to marry after getting this box." Her father said entering the bridal chamber with a small box in her hands.

"Do you think I am like you? Going around breaking my promises? Huh...And yes, today is the day...all of my obligations towards you finishes here... Now Leave me alone for a while! Go out!" Serena said to them while taking the box from her father.

After they left leaving her alone,  She took the box and set on the bed while caressing the old wooden box slowly...It has the scent of that person...She opened the box to see her mother's diary and her gold pendant in it, From the time her mother died she never had any reminisces of her mother through which she can feel her mother's warmth, not even a single photo, Serena felt like her mother's image is slowly fading away from her memories too, which frightened her terribly but at last she got her mother's things for forever to keep to herself,"my mother...my lovely mother...the mother who loved me...cared for me...my mother...who I love the most in this whole world...my lovely mother...

My mother died leaving lots of unanswered questions to me....the answers to the majority of these questions will never come, but must be imagined. Like the way she walked. Maybe she had one of those super-model walks that made everyone stop and look at her when she entered the room, as if they could feel her presence. Or maybe she just sort of strolled along. And the way she laughed. Did she have one of those laughs that was absolutely contagious and spread like brush fire through a room until everyone was in tears? Or did she just kind of giggle? How about the way she smelled? Maybe she smelled of those expensive perfumes that lured people to her and lingered in the air for hours after she left. Or maybe she just smelled of ivory soap.

These are the types of memories people has of her and I resent them for it. It is not fair that one phrase or event can send memories flooding through their brains like tidal waves, while all I can do is regurgitate facts. It is as if they were this whole other family that I was not a part of and I am not invited on their strolls through memory lane. I am just a little bitter that the woman who gave me life didn't stay around long enough for me...with me. From what I have felt for the first thirteen years of my life, she was going through extremely rough times and felt her only solution was to not continue with this life...and left me alone to suffer in this world when I was thirteen...taking a promise that I will make my life successful and will always protect my father's happiness...this is how much she loved that man to even thought about his happiness while dying... leaving her only daughter in a total dismay...and chaos of dark emotions...

I haven't slept properly a day, the thought of mom's death has been creeping in more. I was alone, and when I needed her most she left me. When she left, what life I had left finally shattered. Leaving me to deal with the impact in solitude...and loneliness...

Now I can say that I had never understood others suffering from a bad loss of a dear person. I would hate to hear that anybody died. When this happened to me, when my dear mother died, I started to understand all those people who lost someone they loved. There are perhaps no proper words to describe this pain, This intolerable pain which tears you apart, which is like a stone on your heart, and which make tears run down your face with each moment spent with the dear person who passed away. Time is unlikely to pass so fast this hurt, no matter what others claim. Every morning I still wake up thinking that she is there drinking her tea in her room , watching tv in the living room while smiling. Then suddenly the truth comes rushing up to me and I realize that it is just a dream hanging around me still, and a cold despair fall upon me. I feel empty inside. My mother's death was a really sobering experience I've passed through. It was the most devastating loss in my life. The memory of my mother will follow me wherever I go, and however far living my dreams with a gentle scent of her perfume and the shimmering of her laugh. She was there to show me how much she cared and She was there when I made my first steps. She taught me to smile and laugh...she thought me to love...how can I easily forget her...how can I easily let go of her warm memories... It's too unbearable... it's so suffocating...

*

*

*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊