Chapter 35

"At least you had your mother until you were thirteen, You got to be loved by her...You got to experience her warm embrace and care... the love of a family...You know, I was...The great heir of Anderson Family... I was born from a surrogacy...laughable...isn't it!? My father was too busy working for the business and playing with different women that he never got married...Whenever my grandfather insisted him, He threaten my grandfather with his life but he never get married so at the end my grandfather has to restore to the process of getting grandson through surrogacy. After I was born, my father never cared for me as his son but as a tool who will take care of The Anderson Group. I was brought up by those nannies around me and my strict father who would beat me for every small things and locked me up in a dark cell of our ancestral mansion without any food and water. At the end, It was my grandfather who got to know about my father's outrageous tortures and he took me in to live with him. My grandfather gave me the love of a family, He taught me about business and life. I was always afraid of forming a family of my own...I was afraid of unknown future...regarding my family...I was such a coward when it came to building a family of my own....I never wanted to build my own family... But... magically.... Something... Or specifically..." Then he looked towards Serena who was looking at him with concern in her misty eyes, "I got someone who changed my mind and motivated me to form my own family... with lots of kids of us." He mumbled the last part to himself.

"Don't worry, From now on I will always be with you till the I die, I promise. From now one you will never be alone and O won't ever allow anyone to hurt you, I promise. And you know what I never break my promises." Serena said looking at him with determination. 

"Really?" Ethan confirmed not believing her words.

"Really, A promise of a lifetime I gave you. But Who is that someone you talked about?" All of a sudden, Serena's lively aura slowly dissipated as she pondered all the possible people around him.

"Of course, It's my grandfather." He said continued laying down on the floor beside her. Ethan never talked about these things to anyone, not even with his best friend but strangely it felt good after talking all these things with her...this is the most peaceful moments of his life...it feels like a complete picture of his life with her...

The cold breeze of the night enveloped between them as neither of them talked. They silently dwelled on their inner thoughts as if nothing could snapped them from whatever they are thinking. Suddenly, Ethan sang a tune which was surprisingly soulful that snapped Serena back from her stupor.

"I don't know what it is that you've done to me~

But it's caused me to act in such a crazy way..."

She heard that one of Ethan's talents was singing that could melt a girl's heart the moment they heard it. Alas, she didn't actually expected that it was true!

"Whatever it is that you do when you do what you're doing~

It's a feeling that I don't understand~" Ethan continued singing this song as it actually depicted what he was truly feeling in recent days.

"Cause my heart starts beating triple time

With thoughts of loving you on my mind~"

This confusion and foreign emotions that he never felt to others, he could not express it by words. Hence, he expressed it by a song. Something with her honest words and Serena's acceptance of her dark sides, made him see her how amazing she was as a person. Indeed, she might not be as perfect as she seems to be nor is the kindest human on earth but to him, a person like Serena that would admit her selfishness was enough to be admired about. It's crazy with that simple thought could bring a powerful impact on him.

"I can't figure out just what to do

When the cause and cure is you~"

He slightly moved his gaze to her direction as if the words are directed to her. The corner of his lips curled upward seeing the ever proud Serena was now slightly drunk and reckless as if she finally broke free from the invisible cage that limiting her to be herself. What's more? He was now looking at Serena who was enjoying the song with her eyes closed and a satisfied smile on her face. The next line, Serena sang along with it and slowly opened her eyes.

"I get so weak in the knees

I can hardly speak

I lose all control

And something takes over me..."

The moment she opened her eyes, it was welcomed by Ethan's gentle gaze which stunned both of them a little. It was as if something in them sparked the instant their eyes met.

*Ba Thump*

For a second, Ethan thought he heard his heart beat right in front of his ears. It's not a surprise that Serena's voice was on point and could sing in a soothing tone.

"Good song, hehe." Serena smiled as she complimented. It's as if she received a pat on the back as a comfort from his song. Alas, she never had the thought of what was Ethan's implying because of the frigging reason of her, being lightheaded. Meekly smiling, Ethan retracted his gaze from her and peered at the thousand stars illuminating above.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊