Chapter 12

Ethan and Serena appeared quiet. They kept silent all the way home.

Uncle Albert was surprised and pleased to see Ethan and Serena returning together. But when he took a careful look at them, their expressions seemed out of sorts. He seemed to have understood something and signaled for the other servants to leave. Then, he walked to the garden silently.

Only Ethan and Serena were left in the large living room.

"Serena," Ethan said, with a flicker of displeasure on his frosty face, "Why were you in that sort of place?"

What right did he have to question her like this?

They were married in name only!

Serena retorted with full confidence, "Weren't you in that sort place just now as well?"

"I went there for business. And, Mrs. Anderson, I didn't talk to the opposite sex as cheerfully as you did., You don't even care about our family name!" Ethan wanted to shut the bar immediately at the thought of how long Serena and Daniel had been sitting together.

Serena sensed that Ethan was really mad at her, so she looked down at her toes and responded, "I did not talk to him cheerfully. If you want to hear about how much I like thriller movies, I can tell you about it. Furthermore, you also have several girlfriends outside. Did I say anything about it?"

Ethan's eyes narrowed and said, "What! Girlfriends!." Composed, he continued with a smirk, "What did you hear?"

"Why? Are you shocked?" Serena thought smugly, "Hey, man, I finally have something on you. See how you teach me a lesson!"

Ethan said irritatedly, "Who told you that?"

"My eyes and ears told me, I saw it in news every other day." Serena replied, "but I will ignore your love affairs, so don't interfere in my life."

A meaningful smile lifted the corners of his mouth. He drew closer to Serena, "Are you jealous?"

Serena subconsciously wanted to deny it, but it seemed pointless to just deny it. She gave him a radiant smile and said, "According to your logic, are you jealous, too?"

Ethan did not expect his newlywed wife to be so quick-witted. He curled his lips and responded, "Mrs. Anderson, you'd better know your limits."

It meant that Serena had overestimated herself.

Serena blinked and said, "Mr. Ethan, you are not jealous?" Then she got angry and snapped at him, "Then you don't let me chat with others while you have a secret meeting with your rumored girlfriends! You have double standards. It's unfair! I will definitely not accept things that are unfair!" She made a face at Ethan before running upstairs.

Serena spent the first day of her married life feeling indignant. Suddenly tired from all these events, She walked up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Lying in the comfortable bathtub, she tried her best to relax her tired and sore body. The bathtub made her sleepy, and the warm water made her feel good. She looked at the mirror above her head in a daze, then at her blurry face. Eventually, she fell asleep.

In her sleep, she seemed to feel a warm embrace. He carried her out of the bathtub and placed her on the huge bed. She instinctively thanked him, and she even felt a burning gaze on her. She was too tired, so tired that she did not want to open her eyes. So, she went back to sleep.

It was the first day after their wedding.

It was over just like that.

But what was left for the outsiders was an eternal fairy tale!