Chapter 16

It was already time for dinner. Ethan with his little conscience did not let me cook but ordered some food from a good restaurant, due to which half of my anger towards him from the morning was lost.

But I really hated the nights, people need to sleep at night, but I did not get to sleep. I lay in bed, wondering if I should seek a psychiatrist for my problem but I already tried it long before and it is no any help at all; a knock came from outside the door.

Ethan stood outside my bedroom door, his hands folded at his chest, in a condescending tone said: "Are you interested in sleeping while I read you some stories?" He was wearing a black t shirt and black shorts yet looking as dashing as ever...I wonder how is it possible for someone to look attractive in every condition. In a stupor, I kept looking at the door in an unfocused manner, did not know what was the right thing to say.

Ethan turned to go back: "Do not want it."

I stopped him back: "what are your conditions?" I simply did not believe that he had such a kind heart to take this kind of initiative.

Ethan turned around, the corners of his mouth curved slightly upwards and said: "One cannot tell that you are this smart from your looks."

I leaned against the door, pulling off a negotiating position: "Well, Don't beat around the bush."

Ethan crisply answered: "You will cook for me until Uncle Albert is not here."

"Okay, It is not a big deal, I can employ someone to cook during this period of time." I said with proud smirk...You see buddy I have lots of money.

"Do you think I can't employ people to cook but I don't feel comfortable any other person coming into my villa...So now tell me, Will you do it or not?"

"Deal." I replied very firmly, although no matter how you looked at it was an unequal treaty but I really did not want to become a miracle like walking dead.

Ethan gave me a rare praise: "Seeing you so agreeable is refreshing."

I adjusted my pillow, blanket and happily took my sleeping position. Originally I was hesitating but when I thought of sleeping peacefully after so many days, I just can't contain my happiness.

Grinding my teeth I arranged pillows, blanket and then settled on the bed. Ethan entered my room with a story book in his hands, I wonder where did he get it or may be he already had it? But it's seems new...ha... whatever...I am finally going to sleep...yay!!!

Ethan came and sat beside me on the bed, resting his body on the headboard naturally. I looked at his side profile as he opened the book and started to read in his deep and raspy voice which was like honey words to me now...It was so melodious and peaceful to hear...it was an amazing experience, I decided to record it in my phone in case he is busy sometimes and won't be available after Uncle Albert comes back.

Damn, this calmness and his soothing voice really made me fast asleep.

When Ethan finished reading a story, Serena was already asleep. She was nestled in the huge bed, buried in the white quilt, completely inconspicuous. If you don't look carefully, you can't even see the person lying there. She was sleeping so soundly and did not even have the slightest idea to protect herself, This made Ethan a bit surprised.

His curious gaze stopped at her sleeping face. After a long while, he gently raised his hand and touched her cheek.

Feeling the smooth sensation on his fingertips, his mood became a little better.

"Serena..." He called her name.

As if she heard him call her name, Serena suddenly moved.

Ethan's face flushed with a touch of embarrassment as he quickly took his hand back. Fortunately, She didn't woke up. 

*

*

*

Serena's POV

 I still had a good sleep, opening my eyes and found that it was noon already.

After freshening up at the bathroom next door, I walked out of the room wearing a wide T-shirt and shorts, intending to go downstairs. Because my room was the last one, so if I wanted to go downstairs, I must pass the second room: the study

After exiting my room, I was originally planning to go to the kitchen, but when I was passing through the study that was not closed, I inadvertently saw Ethan's silhouette, hence I couldn't help but stopped, and sized up the Ethan who was working on the laptop. 

Ethan was wearing that rimless glasses, hair slightly covering his eyes, he sat in a proper posture in front of the desk, his laptop was open in front of him, looking seriously at the laptop screen on the table, the sunshine shining on him through the opened curtains, the scene in the study looked as if it was a still-life oil painting, it was beautiful, dazzling and charming.

Perhaps my gaze was too strong, Ethan looked up, by chance meeting my sight. Because I was looking at him openly, and my goal was certainly to look at him, thus I was too lazy to show that I was shy or make artificial movements such as staggering from his looks.

He fixedly looked at me, suddenly made an enlightened look, he said with a pleasant voice, "Do you also want to use the study? Then come in, anyway, my desk is big enough, share half of it with you!"

"No, it was...I was just asking what do you want eat for breakfast?" Serena asked looking at him. 

"Just cook what you want, I will eat, I am not picky." Ethan said with a smile.

"Oh god, Why is he being so nice to me!" She thought and went away nodding her head.

Twenty minutes later, Serena walked back in carrying a breakfast tray containing Egg and black bean tacos with Chia pudding with nut butter.

"I cooked Egg and black bean tacos plus Chia pudding with nut butter.!"

"Wow, I never knew you can cook such great dishes."

"Of course I can!"

"leave it here, I will eat it in a while."

Seeing how busy Ethan was, Serena felt a little sorry. Thus, she took up the bowl, "I'll feed you, okay?"

Ethan's brows furrowed together slightly. He wanted to reject her offer at first, but he couldn't bear to do so.

"I'll feed you! Just focus on your work!" Serena hastily picked up a spoonful of the breakfast and carefully blew on it before sending it to his mouth.

Ethan stared at his laptop screen with a serene expression before opening his mouth and eating, An amaze expression was clearly seen on his face, the breakfast was tasty...warming his heart.

Why didn't it taste this good the last time he ate it?

Serena continued feeding breakfast to him one by one until she finished feeding him the entire bowl.

"..." "Thanks, Serena." Ethan said looking at her honestly.

"Your welcome, I am leaving for my work now, Bye." Serena said while leaving the study room. Ethan looked at her back with a foolish smile on his face...this is the first time, the food tasted the best and the warmest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊