Chapter 9

At about five, Linda has already reached here so she called Serena and asked Serena out.

Serena left her car at the company and it was not convenient to get a taxi here. She could only ask Uncle Albert to prepare a car for her.

Uncle Albert thought and asked, "Young Madam, why don't you go to the garage and pick a car?"

When they arrived at the garage, Serena was shell-shocked. There were several sports cars which totaled up to close to a hundred million dollars. There were also a few sedans and SUVs, and every one of them was considered the luxury car of luxury cars.

She swallowed with difficulty and said, "Uncle, are there any inconspicuous cars?"

Uncle Albert pointed at the Mercedes SLK350 and said, "This one... should be the most inconspicuous one."

There was no choice; Serena could only drive this car to meet Linda. 

Linda and Serena were high school classmates. In the first year of high school, Linda had approached Serena out of the blue. She tempted Serena with a bottle of yogurt and said, "Let's be good friends!"

Serena's first thought was that there was something wrong with the girl. But after Linda's many instances of temptation and pestering, they eventually became friends.

After that, Serena found out that Linda's pestering and temptations were because of a huge bet to make friends with her, the ice queen of their school. But she already could not get rid of Linda. They became good friends of almost 10 years by accident.

This time, Linda arranged to meet Serena in a bar in the city center. Linda waved at her the moment she arrived, "Over here!"

Linda had exquisite features and was tall and slender. If she had behaved more normally, she would have become the goddess in her university since she was the belle of her department. 

But in the end, she only became a unique crazy.

Linda poured Serena a cut of fresh fruit juice the moment she sat down. She said, "It's the first day of your marriage, how are things going with your husband?"

"Oh, I'm not close to my husband." Serena tossed a grape into her mouth. "So the first day of marriage is just so-so."

Linda fell silent for a moment. She patted Serena's shoulders and said seriously, "Lie down and chat, then, use intoxication of the alcohol. Then, you guys can be as close as you want to be!"

"You're too evil; I don't know you for the next 5 minutes." Serena hugged the fruit platter and moved away from Linda.

Linda smiled and scooted over, "You're already a married girl, what are you being shy about?"

"I'm being shy on behalf of you, an unmarried lady!"

"Let's not be shy! Look at how a lady like me become close to a man. And learn from it!" Linda got up and walked towards the bar.

Serena smiled. She held her fruit juice and leaned back into the sofa, watching Linda from afar.

Linda had a good figure. A man came to flirt with her less than half a minute after she sat down on the tall stool in front of the bar.

"Miss," The man sat on the tall stool, leaving a stool between him and Linda. "I would like to buy you a drink."

Linda considered the man. He looked pretty decent and had used a descriptive statement "I would like to buy you a drink" instead of asking "Can I buy you a drink?" which was a question that could be easily refused. It was obvious that he was a pro at flirting.

It would be him then!

"Alright," Linda smiled brilliantly. "I like long island iced shots."

The man ordered a long island iced tea for Linda and started chatting with her naturally. Linda was interested, so the atmosphere between the two became cheery and relaxed. The man naturally moved to sit beside Linda. There was no longer a tall stool between them.

Linda sensed the man's action and smiled. She looked at Serena as if to say "Did you see? The magic of intoxication!"

Serena raised the glass of fruit juice in her hand, saluting Linda.

Linda winked, indicating that she had received the salutation.

The man noticed the interaction between Linda and Serena and asked, "Is that girl your friend?"

"Yep." Linda smiled and nodded.

"I came with a friend as well." The man pointed at a booth in the distance where there was a good-looking man wearing a white shirt. "Why don't we introduce our friends and sit together to talk?"

Linda's long and slender fingers tapped on the bar table and then, she jumped off the tall stool with a brilliant smile. "Sure!"

Serena focused on drinking her fruit juice and eating fruits.

She had to pull Linda away and go walk around once she was done. Otherwise, Linda and the man would really be "Intoxicated." Someone tapped on Serena's shoulders when she was putting a strawberry into her mouth. Serena looked up. It was indeed that wench Linda.

Linda smiled radiantly and pointed at the man who bought her the long island iced shots. "This is William!" Then, she pointed at another man. "This is William's friend, Daniel."

Daniel extended his hand at Serena. "Hello, pleased to meet you."

Serena swallowed the strawberry calmly. Her right hand was wet from eating fruits, and she dried it on her pants. Then, neither urgently nor slowly, she shook Daniel's hands. "Hello."

Daniel's heart fluttered looking at her beautiful smile and her sparkling chestnut brown eyes...her charm was undeniable. He naturally sat beside Serena. He said, "I saw you the moment you entered. It's a pity I didn't have a chance to find out your name."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊