Chapter 39

"What is it?" Serena asked looking at his serious expression.

"Do you remember the day we got married?" Ethan asked looking at her.

"Of course, How can I forget it?" "It was the best and most precious day of my life." Serena said looking at him as a smile bloom on her face.

"You told me before entering our mansion that If any of us finds our true love, We will end our fake marriage right there, Right?" Ethan asked in his serious tone.

"What?" Serena asked not wanting him to continue any further in fear that he will say something unacceptable.

"Now, It is the time, I am going to follow that rule of yours. Serena, I finally found someone I love and about this I want to talk to you in detail about what to do next?" Ethan said looking at her.

"What? You found someone...." serena repeated absent mindedly.

The elevator very quickly reached the ground floor. Ding! Before Serena finished speaking, the elevator door opened, and Liam was standing right there. Serena was in a daze, She didn't know how he grabbed her hands gently and led her to his car and made her sit on the passenger seat, taking a seat beside her.

Once she got in the car, Serena leaned against the window blankly, refusing to look at Ethan. On the other hand, Ethan was on the phone and acted like he was busy with something.

She had to hold it in!

She had to maintain her dignity and see what happens first!

As Serena silently said herself on in her heart, she turned to look out the window and noticed that they were not taking the route home to the mansion.

"Where are you taking me?" Serena turned around to ask Ethan.

Ethan was still talking on the phone, but when he heard her voice, he moved the phone away and answered her by saying, "To show you the girl I love."

Serena: "..."

Shortly after, Ethan hung up the phone. After asking him a few times about where they were heading, the name of the place, she decided not to ask anymore when he continued to refuse to answer her. After that she shut her eyes seemingly tired from all the messed up emotions she was feeling right now... It was too painful...too painful to even take a breath...She was again going to lose someone she loves...how can she except that easily...

When the car stopped, she opened her eyes, only half-awake. Just when she was about to sit up, Ethan draped his long trench coat over her and covered her from head to toe...

She couldn't even see what was in front of her.

It was pitch black in front of her, so Serena held onto Ethan nervously and anxiously tried to yank off his coat. She moved a little, but Ethan pressed down on her hand and said, "Don't move. There's a surprise."

"..."

She didn't know why the word "surprise" simultaneously made her afraid...Is the person he loves is his surprise?! I don't want it then...

Serena was so worried that she started pulling on Ethan's arm. When one couldn't see, the other senses would become more perceptive.

Ethan could feel her insecurity, so he slowed down as he led her to walk forward. Although Serena  could not see anything, she could guess by listening to the surroundings that they had stepped into a restaurant. She could also hear the sound of wind blowing past, so it felt like an open air restaurant.

It was quite quiet. Only the sound of some footsteps could be heard, and Serena could not tell how many people there were. Just when Serena was so nervous that she felt like she was about to explode, they finally stopped walking.

The lights were suddenly dimmed.

Before Serena could say anything, the trench coat was lifted off her! At first, she could not see clearly because her eyes had adjusted to the darkness and found the new environment too bright...

When she adjusted to the light, she saw the evening scenery in front of her. Taking a few steps forward, she placed her hands on the railing and exclaimed, "It's so beautiful here!"

They were at a restaurant situated on a hillside and carpeted from the entrance to the dining area. Besides a simple lamp, there was little lighting. If one lifted her head up at the sky and toward the moon, it felt like the moon was within reach...

Serena knew about this restaurant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊