Chapter 10

The man wearing a white shirt looked clean and charming. A regular person would have already fallen for him long ago. However, Serena just answered politely, "It's Serena Anderson."

"Your name sounds nice, it's a bit familiar as well... I think I have heard it before somewhere. Anyway, Your name is beautiful."

He smiled lightly. There was not a trace of lying of intentional flattery in his tone and only honest praise.

Serena felt more comfortable and said, "Thank you."

Just then, Ethan and Henry entered. They had never imagined that they would see the people they were very familiar with. The two men's steps stopped at the same time even though they had not planned it. Ethan's gaze landed on Serena. She was sitting very close to an unknown man. His pupils constricted and a dangerous look passed across his eyes. Then, only a look of disgust remained in his dark eyes.

Liam, Ethan's assistant, who was walking behind the two, saw Ethan stop suddenly. He asked in confusion, "Are we getting a private room or sitting in a booth?"

"Booth." Ethan walked toward a certain direction.

Liam felt that something was odd. He was Ethan's assistant and knew that Ethan disliked places like bars. And even if he visited, he would only go to a private room. But today... Furthermore, Henry was behaving oddly as well!

He looked at the direction the two of them were walking in. Then, he saw Serena chatting with an unknown men.

According to Liam's many years of experience in life, Serena and her friend and the two men had just met. As a man, his understanding of men told him that the man who was chatting with Serena was 100% interested in Serena. As for the man who was very close to Linda, hehe, he definitely wanted to get a room with Linda.

There would be a good show to watch!

Liam followed Ethan smilingly and sat in the booth behind Serena's.

They could hear Serena's voice, but Serena could not see them.

Just then, Linda was trying to find a way to give Serena and Daniel some time alone so that Serena could learn how to get familiar with a man quickly. She asked William, "Do you want to dance?"

William seemed to understand Linda's intentions. Furthermore, he also wanted to spend time alone with such this woman. He smiled and nodded, and took Linda away. Serena stood up in the booth beside. He went to sit down at the bar expressionlessly. The bar overlooked the entire dance floor. Only Daniel and Serena remained in the booth. 

Daniel had not encountered a girl he was so interested in in a long time. He wanted badly to become close with Serena. He still looked rather awkward, but unexpectedly, Serena's expressions and actions were calm and natural. Furthermore, she took the initiative to speak with him.

"Mr. Daniel, what do you work in?"

Daniel answered happily, "Finance! What about you? Looking at you, you must have a simple and wonderful job!"

"Oh, I'm an entrepreneur working in clothing industry." Serena took a sip of fruit juice. She gestured to Daniel seriously. "Do you like movies?"

"Yes! I like especially anime movies. What about you, Serena, Which kind of movies do you like?" Daniel asked getting closer to her.

"I specially like thriller movies which have a serial killer in them. Have you watched 'The silent host' I like it the most." Serena said sipping on her fruit juice.

"The Silent Host? No, I haven't...What is it about?" 

"It is about a serial killer, You know the story goes like this...The killer goes to different clubs on weekend, then randomly makes friends with people, She invites him to her home and kills him brutally... She uses miter saw to disseminate all his body parts into a small... small... small... pieces then she cooks them raw and makes those pieces her food...I really like her...She is my favorite serial killer." Serena said with a dangerous smile on her red lips.

Daniel's features froze. Serena, however, grew more excited as she spoke. "Oh right, have you heard of the murder at the Century Gardens a few days ago? It was the same as this movie, the body had already decomposed and there were maggots. The entire house stunk..."

Daniel almost fell off from the sofa. Even if he had an imagination a hundred times better than what he currently had, he could not imagine that Serena, who looked innocent and simple, was into these kind of scary thoughts, What if she tries to kill him!?

"Excuse me, I'm going to the washroom." He needed to calm down.

Linda had gotten rid of William temporarily. When she saw Serena sitting alone on the sofa, her eyes grew wide and then she asked, "Where's your Daniel?"

Serena took a bite of the cantaloupe and said blandly, "I scared him off, and he went to the washroom. I guess... he won't be back."

Linda understood immediately. "You used that trick again!"

Serena shrugged, a look of innocence on her face. "I was just describing my likes to him. Furthermore, I only mentioned my favorite movie..."

"I... damn it!" Linda sat down and shook Serena's shoulders hard. "Why don't you just talk to him about zombies!"

Serena nodded. "I can talk about that next time."

Linda spluttered. "Serena, did you really turn into a human from a monster?!"

"You were the one who said that I'm a married girl," Serena said seriously while eating fruits. "So I thought that I should be a good wife and be loyal to my husband. I cannot do anything to betray my husband." Even though it's just in name, Of course.

Linda bellowed. "Get out! You won't get pregnant by just interacting with other men. But, you're just keeping your virginity for the person you love, aren't you? But you're already married to Ethan!"

Serena paused as she peeled her grape, and she felt her head hurt. 

If she had known, during school she would not tell Linda that there was someone she loves when they forced her to tell them why she would not get a boyfriend. She saved herself all these years with fake rumors but now...

Otherwise... knowing Linda's character and that she could do anything.

"Serena."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊