Chapter 22

She looked at the huge bowl of chicken soup, which contained a lot. Unable to throw away pot of delicious spicy chicken soup, she could only transfer it into a big bowl and store it inside the fridge.

"The chicken soup today is so fresh, so let's use it to make chicken noodles tomorrow morning!"

Once she was done doing this, she quickly cleaned up the kitchen.

After she was done with that, too, she decided to take a shower.  She sat on the couch with an unhappy mood, She is feeling really bad without an unknown reason. She took out her mobile to see Linda's message telling her to hit a bar tonight since it's her day off. Serena didn't hesitated a bit and got ready to go out, She has to get rid of this feeling...she hates it. 

 it was already the time to hit the bar.

Serena and Linda were seated on the counter while the bartender was making their drinks.

This was entirely unusual for Serena. She was fidgeting and getting restless. She had never drank alcohol before. Previously when they entered, they saw a couple openly making out at a corner. It was nothing novel for Linda, but Serena was looking at them wide-eyed.

Doing that in public...She couldn't help but feel embarrassed and immediately looked away.

Linda said, "Come on, buddy. Make for us the finest peg of whiskey you have. My best friend needs it."

The bartender who also knew Serena. He smiled, "Coming right away."

Linda looked at Serena and rolled her eyes, "Oh come on dear, chill out. Relax. Nobody is going to eat you."

She awkwardly smiled.

Their pegs were ready, and Linda clinked her glass with Serena's. "Cheers to your new life and cheers for breaking away from your scumbag father. Cheers on getting the best husband!"

Linda gulped down her peg while Serena was still hesitant.

"Drink it already!"

She took a sip and coughed hard while somehow swallowing it.

"This is so bitter!", she strongly furrowed her brows. She felt like she gulped some doctor's bitter medicine.

"Of course, it is. It is not a sweet dish. That is how you enjoy alcohol, stupid. Come on, drink up the rest."

Thirty minutes later. Not soon after the third peg, Serena got tipsy while Serena was at her fifth. They were giggling like school girls.

Serena said, "Really?"

Linda nodded, "Yup. I live with a very handsome man now. But tch, he said I can't flirt with him. How *hiccup* can I do that?"

Serena burst into laughter, "He must have d-definitely realized your ssshhh", she looked left and right and whispered like a huge secret, "your hidden motive in taking him in. Hmm...He is clever."

She nodded furiously, "I should have controlled my tongue. Dang, I got too excited!"

"Hahaha."

Linda was struck with an idea, "Hey, hey! Let us do some prank calls! It will be so much fuuuunnnn~~~~"

Serena also nodded excitedly.

She took out Serena's phone and dialed the last number. It was picked up on the second ring, "Boss?," it was Louis who answered.

"Shut up.", Linda said, "We are from *hic* the secret forces! You are under arrest."

Serena laughed.

Louis – "..."