Chapter 7

*

*

At the wedding, the guests were all gathered, and the media and paparazzi were all excluded. The people who attended were all prominent figures in the capital city. Ethan Anderson was the most popular eligible bachelor in the country. The news of his wedding had shattered the hearts of many socialites. The Evans family, which was not considered famous in the country, had become renowned in an instant due to the marriage.

During the ceremony, Serena held up her wedding dress and wore high heels that she was not accustomed to. She walked toward Mr. Samuel Evans slowly, taking it step by step. When she saw Mr. Samuel Evans's slightly red eyes, Serena scoffed and suppressed the bitterness in her heart. As she walked closer, all the lights in the room fell on her and Mr. Samuel Evans.

Serena held onto her father's arm and made her way to the path paved with petals. Not too far away, a dashing man was silently waiting for her.

This was Serena's first time meeting with her soon-to-be husband, Ethan Evans.

Serena slowly lifted her eyes, her gaze moving from his shiny polished shoes, up to his elbow, across to his packed abdomen before stopping to his firm chest. He was wearing a black custom made suit, she noticed, taking a deep breath she looked at his face. Her gaze clad with the most vivid blue eyes she had ever seen...his mesmerizing deep blue eyes which looked like an deep blue ocean under the golden hue of sunrise...It was like a deep blue ocean sucking her in where no matter how hard she would try to get out of it, she won't be able to... It was just that mesmerizing. His gaze could make someone fall to their knees, even without their knowledge. his eyes which are emotionless and full of coldness but somewhere she was able see a pure honesty in his deep blue eyes...immediately, her throat ran dry and her heart started to beat faster...

The man before her looked nothing like she had been expecting. He wasn't like those playboys or unorganized men who lacked decency. The first thought popped into her mind was that he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Standing well over six feet seven or so, he had broad shoulders and strong arms, flexing with lean muscles under the suit he wore. His long, powerful legs were clad in suit pants that he paired up with simple black leather shoes. He had jet black medium length hair tempting her to run her fingers through them and a face which looked like it was sculpted by the gods themselves. Every inch of him was flawless.

He was dangerous...even his manliness screamed sinfulness. His face was emotionless as his eyes narrowed at her, before it broke into a full, rakish grin. An unfamiliar tingle rode up her spine, her nerves spiked up tenfold and a sweat broke in her palm, It was the first time she felt this level of nervousness...her stomach lurched some more as she walked closer to him under his intense stare...but his lips were tightly pursed, and his deep blue eyes concealed an undetectable resistance.

It seemed that things were going just as Serena had wished, From his eyes she can sense reluctance... reluctance to this marriage...he condition is also like her...he was also forced...but why...why she feels a bit hurt. She took deep breath and ward off her unnecessary thoughts before curling her red lips into a fake business like smile,"This is great, It will be easy to spend this marriage with this man without any conflicts since it seems like he is also reluctant to our marriage."

Mr. Samuel Evans happily passed Serena's hand to Ethan. Her fingertips were cold, and Ethan's palm was warm. The moment they touched, She reflexively wanted to withdraw her hand. Ethan was quick to react. He quickly closed his palm and grabbed her hand tightly.

Serena was shocked. She raised her head and met Ethan's sharp gaze. She paused and laughed under her breath. "What? Are you afraid that I'll run away?"

Ethan narrowed his eyes. While he was helping Serena straighten up her veil, he threatened, "Go back on your word? Can the Evans family bear the price of you running away?"