Chapter Eleven

It's been a few days since the last Creative Writing Class and I'm a little apprehensive. But I have been able to feel distracted enough from my friends and from Joey who's keeping tabs on me. He's really fun and I enjoy chatting with him. I still haven't given him an answer yet to hanging out with him.
My pain levels are high today so I'm wearing long flowing dress for comfort. Jake has his arm linked with mine as he's noticed that I'm struggling with walking slightly. Jake being Jake is achieving in making me laugh with his stupid jokes. "What do you call a fish with no eyes?
A fsh." Ha ha ohh my god! "Here's another one... What do you get when you combine a rhetorical question and a joke?
..."

I look at him sideways trying to work that one out

I look at him sideways trying to work that one out. "Did you hear about the Italian chef who died?
He pasta-way." That's better than the one he just told me. At least he's trying to take my mind off the pain I'm in. When we get to the classroom, he tries to open the door whilst linked with me and I tell him, "you can let go for a minute while you open the door, I can stand." He rolls his eyes and reluctantly lets go off me, before he pushes the door open wide. He holds it back, "thank you, oh I never knew you can be a gentleman!" I giggle. "You're welcome, babe. Wait there..." I stop where I'm standing and before I know what is happening, he swipes me up and carries me to my seat in the corner. "You really didn't have to do that but thank you." I get what I need out of my bag that he was carrying for me. India and Amy finally appear, rushing over to us as soon as they walk through the door. "We could hear you two from down the corridor but it seemed like everyone got here at the same time including the Professor hence why we ended up being last in here. I didn't even see Jordan coming in but I guess I was distracted by Jake. Jake tells me another joke... "Did you hear the story about the claustrophobic astronaut?
He just needed some space." I burst out laughing but not realising how loud and bad timing I was until Jordan raises his voice. "Matilda, May I speak to you outside?" I glance over towards him, "now?" He nods, "yes, please." I hear Jake moving his chair back and helping me stand up. "Hemsworth, what are you doing?" Jordan asks him. I try to gesture for Jake to sit back down but he ignores me. "I'm helping her go outside so that you can talk to her, Sir." The expression on Jordan's face is unreadable as he glances between me and Jake, confused. "Jake, I'll be okay, I'll just walk by the wall. Please sit down." I try to plead, quietly. I take a few steps until I'm lifted in the air and being carried to the door behind Jordan who has already started walking towards the door. Jake puts me down and heads back to his seat. I watch him as he exchanges a few words with the girls. "I'm waiting, Matilda." I sigh. I stay standing by the wall on the other side of the door. "What was that about in there? I was talking to the class when all of a sudden, I heard you laughing. That's very rude and distracting." I nervously focus on his shoes.

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." I feel my legs are starting to hurt and I shuffle on my feet. "Sir, I really need to sit down." I walk over to the bench without waiting for his response. "Fine, but I'll give you five minutes to calm down because we've waisted enough time already." I watch as he brushes his hand through his hair when he walks back inside the room. What is his problem? I get I shouldn't have laughed but it wasn't my fault that my friend had made me laugh like he did. Ellie is phoning me so I press to answer. "Hey Ellie, I can't talk long as I'm supposed to be in class. My professor is being a jackass. My friend was trying to help me because I was struggling but then both he and the jackass started having a macho problem. That's gonna be my new nickname for him, the jackass!..." suddenly I hear a throat being cleared and I look up to see Jordan standing outside his room, he raises his brow. "Look Ellie, I better go, I'll chat later okay. Yeah, I'll be okay. Ha yeah he's come outside for me. Bye." I put my phone back in my pocket. "Who's the jackass?" His question makes me feel guilty. I sit and stare at him. "Right, I'm the jackass. Okay. I'm sorry if I'm trying to teach my class, I have disruptive students and the same student takes the piss by chatting on her phone during the same class. Get back in there, Matilda and I don't want to repeat myself." Thankfully my pain has eased enough and I stand back up. As I walk closer to him, I gaze up into his eyes and say "yeah, you're the jackass, Jordan. You're definitely no Joey and I'm glad." Then I walk back inside. As soon as I sit down, I ask my friends about the work we're doing and get on with it.
I avoid eye contact with Jordan throughout the rest of the class and keep my head down. With a bit of time to spare, I scribble down a little poem...
'You've become such a jackass
That's turning my words to crass
A shame you've got a nice ass
It's changing me into a badass
Look at me getting all this sass'
when the bell chimes outside in the corridor, Jake takes my work with him to put on Jordan's desk. My phone rings and I answer as soon as I see who it is... "hey Joey, yes, I've decided. Let's hang out! Okay, tomorrow is good with me. Bye Joe." Amy squeals when she hears me saying Joe's name. We pack up our stuff and link arms. When we get near the door, Amy stops briefly, "bye Professor Knight!" I turn slightly to see him avoiding my gaze, "see you ladies." Then together we walk away.

My heart aches for what's happening between me and Jordan

My heart aches for what's happening between me and Jordan. I feel terrible for using Joey. I feel guilty for Jake for just trying to care and help me out. I'm so relieved when I'm alone in my bedroom. What a mess everything is. Why does my heart still want Jordan? It's all I want to do is tell him how much I like and want him. I wish I could talk to someone about it all but I can't risk anyone finding out.