Chapter Thirty-Three

Just from the mere few moments of being inside Jordan's home makes me feel at home. I can't explain how or why. He offers me and Joey a drink. I ask him for a soft drink if he has any or just some cold water. Joey shares some wine with him. I take a good look around the kitchen diner as I climb up on the bar stool. Again, I'm sat in between the two guys. Joey has been here many times by the way he's so relaxed. He stands up and tells us that he's off to the bathroom, leaving me alone with Jordan. I sit there tapping my glass on the breakfast bar.

I'm not sure what to say and I feel unsure whether to glance at Jordan or not

I'm not sure what to say and I feel unsure whether to glance at Jordan or not. "What's got you nervous?" He questions me. "I'm not." I smile which probably makes me look like I'm grimacing even though I'm not. "Could've fooled me, Maddie." I giggle at how he sees right through me. "How do you do that?" He looks at me confused. "Do what?" I think how to explain what I mean. "It's like you know me more than you actually do, probably more than anyone else." He smiles somewhat. "I've known you a while now and I see how you are in class, always trying to be cool and calm even if when you're further from it." I'm astonished at that he's noticed this about me. "Have you considered maybe going into psychology instead?" I tease. He pretends to look offended. "Are you saying I'm a terrible teacher?!?" I bite my lip trying not to laugh. "Maybe. Sometimes. Don't forget I had to remind you to do your job just a few weeks ago!" His brow arches. "May I remind you about some of your behaviour and calling me a jackass, even though I'm your professor." He taunts. "Well, you were acting like one, if I remember correctly." I raise my brows, playfully and stare at him, hoping he'll give in. "Any wine left, bro?" Joe's voice booms ahead of him. I watch as Jordan fills up the glass just as Joe wanders through the kitchen door. "Cheers mate. Hope I haven't blocked up the toilet!" I looked at him in disgust whilst laughing. "Where is the bathroom?" I ask innocently. Jordan looks at me as if I'm crazy, but I shrug my shoulders. I climb off the stool and follow Jordan to the bathroom. I pinch my nose as I close the door. I look for the plunger thingy and go to use it. Bending down to do the plunger was one of my exercises that I had to do in rehab to help with my muscles; strange but true. Also at least, it'll save Jordan from having to do it later and I genuinely need to pee anyway.

I lightly spray my perfume around the room to help get rid of the smell of Joe's crap

I lightly spray my perfume around the room to help get rid of the smell of Joe's crap. I wash my hands.
A short while later and Joe has had a few glasses of wine. He's barely sitting up now. I'm just thinking about calling for a taxi but Jordan cuts into my thoughts. "Think we should walk him to the spare room then he can sleep it off." He stands up and goes to pull Joe off the stool. "Come on, let's get you moving. Lean into me, Joe." Jordan tries his best to drag him. I try to help by holding onto his arm. "It's okay, I've got him. I'm used to dealing with this Pratt." I smile awkwardly.