Chapter Twenty-Three

Amy insisted that we get a taxi to the student centre and that's what we did. I hug her to show her how much I appreciate her. "It's crazy in here. Much more so than living time we were here." I share my thoughts with her. "Yep. But if it gets too much, just let me know." She reassures me. Hand in hand, we walk towards the bar. I order a Coca Cola while she orders a glass of wine. I'm not sure what the other girls order and I can't even see where they've gone. "The girls are in the far corner with India, Jake and some of their friends." Amy points over to where I can now see them all. Holding hands, I let her lead us through the students. "Hey you two!!" Our friends greet us as we finally get to them. "You look so hot girl!" India hugs me.

Everyone seems to be in good spirits; dancing, laughing and couples getting down n' dirty in the darkened corners

Everyone seems to be in good spirits; dancing, laughing and couples getting down n' dirty in the darkened corners. Drinks are flowing by the looks of it. Sam' Jake's friend/roommate asks me to dance with him so not wanting to be rude, I say yes. I keep myself to myself though. Even though he's not my type and he's certainly not Jordan but I don't mind having a little friendly dance. Amy came over to me and whispers, "are you okay? Is he hitting on you?" In shock, is he? I glance at him and she's right, I think. The way he keeps looking at me. It makes sense now that she's mentioned it. He has been trying to flirt with me but each time, I gently try and decline his advances.

Oh god, I can be so clueless! Somehow I find that we're moving away from everyone else to a darker area

Oh god, I can be so clueless! Somehow I find that we're moving away from everyone else to a darker area. I'm flummoxed when I realise that I have my back against the wall and panic begins to set in as he places one of his hands on the wall at the side of me while the other is still gripping me. "He told me how you have such come to bed eyes. But. He also said you need to loosen up..." my eyes glance at either side of his head as I try to think of something to do or say to get away from him. "Who?" I hear myself ask. "Who? Your lovely friend Jake, of course. He talks about you all the damn time. Tells me how he's trying to bed you but you keep playing hard to get. Seems like he's right. Look at you right now, I know you want this." I try to avoid looking at him but his fingers have now gripped my chin. While his other hand keeps moving around on my waist. He leans in closer. "Please let me go, Sam." I plead. Just as he is about to force himself on me, he's shoved away from me and I'm pulled to my right side. "Don't you ever dare lay your filthy hands on her again!" Then I watch as a shadow presses him into the wall just where I had been entrapped, the shadow throws a punch into Sam's face. "You're not worth it, you scum bag."
I then feel a warm hand take mine and leads me away. "Slow down, please." I beg the guy. I try to get a look at him but he has his hood up.