Chapter Fifteen

I lazily put on a co-ord set and have my hair hair up hair down with a light makeup look. None of the girls are awake when I go out to the main living area so scribble down a note letting them know what I'm doing. I go back to my room and grab my handbag. I head on outside and wait for Joey to arrive.

Remembering that I have my own car keys in my bag, I check my car to see how it's doing as it's been a few days since I last drove it

Remembering that I have my own car keys in my bag, I check my car to see how it's doing as it's been a few days since I last drove it. Leaving my drivers door open, I put the key in to make sure it starts up. My shoulders relax with relief when the engine roars. "Hey up, nice car babe." I look out to see Joe standing with his hand resting on top of the car door and a big grin on his face. "Hi Joe, thank you. She's my baby girl." He chuckles. "She's cute like you." I blush at his compliment. I turn the engine back off, climb out and lock the car. I walk with Joe to his car and there we drive to his place. "So, I thought I'd do us some lunch, I presume you haven't eaten yet?" He glances sideways at me, and I shake my head. "Nope, I was too busy trying to get ready as quickly as possible to think about food. Only had some water to drink. That would be nice by the way, thank you." I smile, genuinely towards him.
"Here we my love, welcome to my abode!" Joey gestures to his home. It's beautiful. It's really big. Much bigger than I anticipated.

It makes me wonder how much the band actually earned and the thought scares me

It makes me wonder how much the band actually earned and the thought scares me. Money has never been a motive for me or my family; as long as we have enough to live comfortably with a few extras then that's all that matters to us. Although I know that once I start earning, I would do my hardest to pay towards the healthcare expenses that I cost my family. I follow behind him as he unlocks his front door and welcomes me inside. He leads us into the lounge where I sit down on one of the sofas and place my bag down next to me. He tells me to stay out and make myself at home while he sorts the lunch out but he asks me what drink I'd like to begin with.
When he brings me our drinks which is just some pop as that's all I fancied, he notices I'm sitting there staring into space because I don't know how to work his telly out, it's a fancy modern thing that I can't even figure out how to turn it on! He turns it on with a press of the button and quickly shows me what to do. "I'll be right back. There's a downstairs bathroom just under the stairs if you need it." Then he disappears into the kitchen. Ten minutes later, he's joined me with our lunch. "Chicken noodles. Something simple but tasty. I hope you like it?" I take a mouthful and the aromatic flavours hit my tastebuds causing me to lick my lips. "This is good, thank you. Maybe you can share the recipe and I can try it for my flatmates sometime." I like simple food although I do like flavour. We sit in silence as we devour the noodles.