Chapter Thirty

When I told the girls that I've been invited to a birthday party on the Saturday night, they insisted on going shopping to buy me a new outfit for the occasion. I didn't have a clue what to wear but the girls apparently had an idea of what they were looking for for me. I drove us to the shopping mall and the girls lead me to the food court which happens to be where me and Amy bumped into Jordan that time. Wow that seems so long ago even though it's only been a few months! "There you are ladies! Here is the colour scheme that I'm hoping you Maddie can coordinate with." We're greeted by Joe who hands Amy a bag.

Eh okay, I didn't know that we were meeting him or the fact that there was a colour theme

Eh okay, I didn't know that we were meeting him or the fact that there was a colour theme. "Erm Joe, what's going on? You never mentioned anything about a colour theme." He laughs. "I didn't know or I had forgotten about it when I told you about the party." Then he turns to my friends "I need this one to look mega sexy and stunning. So can you do that for me?" He questions them. I roll my eyes. What the hell is he playing at?! They fawn over him and it's hilarious how they're going gaga at him. He's such a showman, it's like he's constantly performing with anyone he comes across. He gestures for me to walk a few steps away from the others so I follow his lead. "You okay? I'm sorry that you weren't expecting me here but I'd arranged it with Amy. It'll all make sense tonight. I'm sure it's gonna be a good night. I can't wait to introduce you to the guys." Being reminded of meeting the rest of the bandmates sends nerves straight to my chest. "What will they think of me? I don't want to lie to their faces." He rubs my shoulder gently. "They're going to think you're great, and I'll do the talking. If that's what you prefer?" I nod with a smile, "thank you." I'm pulled into a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he announces he's going. We all wave as he walks back in the same direction he came from. "Let's go and find you an outfit, missy! Then some sexy lingerie for underneath." Amy shouts out and the girls all cheer us on. Comical to witness these girls really but I do love them!
So for the next few hours, they drag me into several clothes shops and I'm trying on so many outfits. I'm so glad they don't force me to wear anything too short due to my insecurities about my scarred thighs because that would feel awful. They tell me I'm so pretty and that they wished they had my body and face which is really sweet.

Feeling hungry, we go back to the food court for something to eat

Feeling hungry, we go back to the food court for something to eat. I'm ready for a sit down. My legs hurt. "You are going to turn heads with your outfit, Maddie. I'm excited for you." Callie tells me with a beaming smile on her pretty face. I reach over to hug her across the table. "So we going to head back to the apartment to relax after we've finished eating?" I ask the girls. They start laughing. Oh no what have they got planned?! I glance at them all suspiciously. Amy flutters her eyes with a devilish grin, "we have booked you in for a makeup and hair pamper appointment. Well Joe paid us to get it sorted for you. He's a very generous guy. Can we borrow him sometime?" Now I look at her like what are you talking about?! Haha! I shrug my shoulders as if to say yeah, why not?!
Amy directs me to the salon that they've all booked for me although we did find ourselves getting lost once. We had missed the turning but anyway, we're finally parking up outside. It looks rather fancy but I wonder what it's like inside. There's only one way to find out and that's to go inside! So as soon as we are inside, we are offered drinks and the beautician takes me to the makeup corner while the other girls sit watching from afar. It's a very fancy establishment, probably way out of my price range to be fair but I'm not going to grumble at someone treating me.

She asks me what I like and what I feel comfortable with

She asks me what I like and what I feel comfortable with. We discuss skin shades and any skin issues. Amy shows her my outfit and I relax in my comfy chair so she can begin to do my makeup. It's really relaxing having a facial pampering done too. Then she proceeds with the actual makeup. It takes her about an hour or so to do the whole of my face. When she holds a mirror up in front of me, I'm gobsmacked at how different and stunning I feel. "Wow, this looks amazing!! Thank you so much. Please can you write down what products you've used on me so I can try them on myself sometime?" She smiles. "Oh no need to worry about it being sometime, my dear, apparently a handsome guy has been splurging on you and has offered to treat you with the products. If you join your friends for a few minutes until the hairdresser is ready for you and I'll sort these products out for you in a gift bag." I thank her again and go to sit with my friends. They fawn over my face and I can't help but blush. They're such sweet friends.
"Maddie, would you like to follow me to your chair over there and we can begin with your hair?" The hairdresser asks me. Once I'm sat down, we discuss my current hairstyle and how I would like to look for tonight. We agree on a style. She's so gentle and not pulling at my hair. She does give it a little trim and add some more layers into it. Oh my goodness, I absolutely adore my new look. I'm excited about changing into my outfit even more now and eager to get back home to do so. The girls pay up and we head back to the apartment. There I get changed and relax a little bit on my bed while I wait for Joe to arrive.