Chapter Nineteen

It's been a few weeks now and Joey is taking me away for the night. Everyone thinks we are really together as a couple but it couldn't be more further from the truth. I'm still pining over Jordan. Things have become somewhat civil between me and Jordan, me and Jake. Jake can be a bit distant whenever there's mention of Joey so I try to keep chat about him to a minimum when we're with Jake.
I haven't been to a carnival in such a long time and I'm really excited. The girls helped me pack my bag and were quick to send me on my way to meet Joe. When I pulled up outside his house, there was another car. I recognise Joe's bright blue one.

Grabbing my bag and climbing up the steps to his house, I'm greeted by him as he is already standing there waiting for me

Grabbing my bag and climbing up the steps to his house, I'm greeted by him as he is already standing there waiting for me. "Who's that sexy beast that is parked in front of mine?" I point to the black car. He chuckles. I raise my brow confused. "Hey bro, someone's asking who's the sexy beast out there belongs to?" Joe calls out, confidently behind me as he follows me into the kitchen. Standing there is Jordan and I gulp. I find my heart racing at the mere sight of the gorgeous man stood before me, looking a little smug. "That sexy beast is mine. I guess it's this one who is asking about it?" Aiming his attention to Joe.

 I guess it's this one who is asking about it?" Aiming his attention to Joe

"Have you seen Maddie's car, J? It's her baby girl." Then Joe gestures for Jordan to follow him as he shows him my car. "Very nice." I hear Jordan say. It's probably not what he expected for me to have but when me and my family purchased it, it was to fit in a wheelchair when I was re-learning to walk in rehabilitation. It gave me a sense of freedom after all that I'd gone through hence why it's my baby girl. I'm just about to turn round when my chest collided with a firm chest and strong arms gently grab hold of me to stop me from falling. I recognise the feeling of his chest against me and for a brief moment, I forget everything and my head stays resting on him until I come to my senses and back away. "Are you okay?" I nod, trying to hide my blushing, "yeah, I'm fine thank you. Sorry about that." He chuckles although his voice sounds strained slightly, "no problem. Nothing to be sorry about. I should have watched where I was walking." He mutters some sort of apology. Joe comes bouncing into the room like an excited child causing me to giggle at him. "I've put your bag in the boot of my car, along with mine. So we can go whenever we're ready." I nod, force an awkward smile. "Thanks Joe." He goes on to talk about all of the fairground rides, and I gulp when he mentions the ferris wheel. He explains about the view we'll get from the top of it.

Then he goes to search for something in the bottom cupboard on the other side of the island

Then he goes to search for something in the bottom cupboard on the other side of the island. Jordan glances at me, his brow arched. I fidget with my fingers, nervously. Joe stands up and leaves the kitchen. "You should tell him if you're afraid of ferris wheels, Matilda." His voice is almost a whisper. "He's really excited, I don't want to dampen the fun especially for him. I'll be fine." I watch as he playfully rolls his eyes. God he's so sexy when he does that. "Okay, let him deal with if you end up sick." Now I roll my eyes. "Hopefully that won't happen." He mumbles something incoherently. Oh how I wish it was him that I was going with instead. How did Jordan know that I was afraid of ferris wheel without even saying anything, that's got my mind spinning.

Approximately ten minutes later, Jordan announces he's heading to his brother's place so I watch him and Joey give each other a fist bump

Approximately ten minutes later, Jordan announces he's heading to his brother's place so I watch him and Joey give each other a fist bump. "See you Matilda, have fun on the hook-a-duck stall!" He winks as he starts to walk towards the front door, I mutter 'jerk' under my breath but he must have heard me as he glances back at me where he smirks. I check his backside out until he's no longer in my view. "If you like his backside, wait til you see his package!" Joe leans into me, making me feel startled. "Don't scare me like that Joseph!!" He laughs. "And let him hear your dirty thoughts about him, I was being discreet, babe." - "Okay, I'll let it slide this time then. We ready?" Suddenly remembering why I'm here, and wondering when we're leaving. "Come on then, let's go!" We each grab our last bits and head out to his car. Jordan is sitting in his car with his phone in his hand which is resting on his steering wheel. Joey takes hold of my hand and leads us to standing by Jordan's car who hasn't yet seen us.

He knocks on his window causing Jordan to turn in his seat with his eyes focused on our handholding then lifting them to make eye contact with us

He knocks on his window causing Jordan to turn in his seat with his eyes focused on our handholding then lifting them to make eye contact with us. His window slides down. "What are you still doing here, J?" Jordan stuttered. "You're welcome to join us?" Joey goes to ask him. Jordan laughs, "err, no thanks. I'd rather not be a gooseberry." I try to let go of Joe's hand but he keeps his hold firm. "Fair enough, suit yourself mate. Let's go baby so I can give you some thrills! See ya Jay." I squeak bye and I hear Jordan saying goodbye before Joe leads me to his car. I breathe a sigh of relief once I'm sitting inside it and we've driven off. "Did you see his face? He wasn't happy with the invitation or the thrills part." He laughs. I try to laugh along but inside I feel sadness. This fake dating is beginning to take its toll on me.