Chapter Twenty-Six

My nerves are all over the place as I'm sitting in Joe's car while he drives to the university campus for my classes. It will be my first time seeing Jake since the weekend and I'm not sure exactly how I feel about him. I want to give him the benefit of doubt in that Sam was just saying whatever to scare me but a part of me is scared that it was the truth, however I am hopeful.

I'm also a little embarrassed about seeing Jordan after him being near me when I was wearing just a towel

I'm also a little embarrassed about seeing Jordan after him being near me when I was wearing just a towel. No guy has ever seen me in little clothing apart from those who attacked me years ago. I hope he didn't see my scars on my upper thighs, I don't think Joey saw them but he didn't mention anything about them to me. We're now pulling up in the car park. "I'm gonna walk you in, alright? Plus it'll give me an excuse to see our guy in his new day job." He winks. I climb out, apprehensively. I watch as he takes my backpack and places it on his shoulder then linking arms with me. We sit down on the bench opposite the classroom. I feel Joey putting his arm around me so I look around to see Amy walking towards us.

Then India appears from the opposite direction of Amy and she too walks over to us

Then India appears from the opposite direction of Amy and she too walks over to us. "How are you doing?" Amy kneels down in front of me. "I'm alright. It's a bit triggering, you know what I mean." I say quietly. "She's been fairly quiet and her appetite hasn't been good." Joe chips in. None of us saw Jake walking over towards us as we all glance up when he speaks. "Maddie?" I watch as Amy stands up hastily. "You shouldn't even be talking to her, Jacob." His gaze focuses on me and Joey. "I haven't done anything, Amy. What's your problem?" I stand upright. "Jake, is it true?" He stares at me. "Is what true?" I take a deep breath. "That you've been talking about me to your friends. How I'm playing hard to get and that you're trying to bed me." He begins to laugh. I feel Joe wrap his arm around my waist; pulling me closer to him. "I don't think this is a laughing matter, do you see Maddie laughing?" I hear Joe questioning Jake. "What is this? An interrogation or something. Of course, I've talked about you Maddie. Why wouldn't I?!" I glare at him. "Was it true what he said?" I grimace when he laughs again. "That's just locker room talk, Maddie. You need to loosen up, babe." My muscles have tensed up tightly, almost to the point of where they're hurting. "Why, Jake?" My eyes water as I glance at him.