Chapter Twelve - Jordan's POV

Jordan's POV

Going round the classroom picking up the students work that has been left behind and I'm surprised when I find a scribble on a piece of paper. I recognise the writing as Maddie's handwriting. Wow, she's bold! I can't help but laugh out loud at her sassiness in the words. I'm guessing she left this on purpose just to piss me off. In one way I am pissed off with her because I don't want her to think I'm some asshole when I really don't want to be, especially with her but I know that the way I'm having to be with her is pissing her off.

I think back to when I bumped into her friend Amy who is also my student at the shopping mall

I think back to when I bumped into her friend Amy who is also my student at the shopping mall. I didn't know that she was with Maddie as she said "oh you should come and say hi to my bestie, I'm sure she'll love to say hi." Guess to say I was a little surprised to see her and she was like I was. My eyes linger on her, I notice her cropped top making me want her physically. I sense she's feeling awkward so I try to come up with some lame excuse to get away even if I do wish I could stay and spend time with her. Stupidly, my hand reaches to touch her shoulder sending signals to my nether regions. I'm not doing well with keeping my distance.
Unbeknown to Maddie, Amy let it slip that it was the student social and Maddie had bought a nice new outfit for it making her look 'hot'. I just knew I had to see her in this new outfit and make sure she was safe. I dressed in a plain black T-shirt and dark jeans. As soon as I arrive at the venue, I made my way to the bar and tried to keep out of her view. When my eyes saw her, my heart started beating fast. I could see every womanly curve that she has. My goodness, Amy was not wrong when she said she would look 'hot'. The disadvantage of behaving like a creep was seeing the guy Jake ogling her, constantly. He has the hots for her yet I don't know if she's aware. It's nauseating to see the way he is with her, first in my class and now here, where alcohol is being consumed. Not wanting to risk getting caught being here, I decide to leave after finishing my drink. I did see her outfit, and my god, she's stunning. The urge to take her back to my place is overwhelming. She may be wearing a short skirt, I've noticed she always covers her legs. Is she self-conscious? She has no reason to be because she's truly beautiful.

In our next class together, I make the mistake of gazing at her and find she does the same with me

In our next class together, I make the mistake of gazing at her and find she does the same with me. When she excuses herself to take her phone call, I avoid from looking at her. I hate not looking at her because that's all I want to do but I can't lead her on. I'm her professor and it's frowned upon to have a relationship with a student. She comes back in the room while I'm talking to the class and I try my hardest not to acknowledge her but I can't help notice that Jake is all over her, again. She does look sad but I hate that I can't console her. Again, she leaves the class. I'm taken aback when Jake tells me he's going outside for a moment. It cuts me like a knife when I see his arm wrapped around her tiny waist. The jealousy in me is sneaking up in my chest. I take the opportunity at the end of class to ask her to stay. She's still at her table, so I make my way towards her. I feel like a dick when I hear myself speak the words I say especially when I watch her eyes water. Way to go Jordan, you dipshit! I silently scold myself. Wait a minute, what did she mean when she said "I knew it."? Knew what. How am I going to find out what she means when I speak to her how I do.