6. Movie Night

The hands of the clock strike 7:30 in the evening. It was the nth time that Sanjana looked at herself in the mirror, fixing her dress and hair.

Sanjana: (tensed) "Am I looking good? Oh god! Help me! I'm so nervous!"

Sanjana blushed hard, covering her face, thinking about how Karan hugged her in the mall yesterday.

Sanjana: (talking to her reflection) "Do you think he feels the same way as I do? Hehe...I think I'm thinking too much."

Sanjana looked at the clock and her eyes widened.

Sanjana picked up her purse and ran out of her room. She put on her white sneakers and went out of the house closing the door behind her.

Pooja saw her while going upstairs. She was surprised to see Sanjana in such a dress. But she shrugged her shoulders and went up to her room.

Sanjana came out of the cab after paying the driver. She saw Karan standing in front of the movie hall, in a denim shirt and jeans. She fixed her dress again and walked to him.

Sanjana: (from behind) "Karan?"

Karan turned around and gave her a wide smile. Sanjana, shyly, tucked her hair strands, falling on her face, behind her ear.

Karan: (coming closer) "You look so beautiful."

Sanjana: (looked down and bit her lower lip) "Thanks."

Karan: (taking her hand) "Shall we go inside?"

Sanjana, with a racing heart, nodded shyly.

Sanjana and Karan entered the movie hall and took their seats. The movie would be starting in a few minutes. Sanjana was trying to calm her racing heart while Karan was busy with his phone. A man wearing a suit, looking professional, came and sat beside Sanjana.

'Okay, I think I calmed down a bit.' Sanjana thought, patting her heart.

Sanjana's hand was on the handrest of her seat. Suddenly, she felt the touch of another hand on hers, making her pull her hand back. Sanjana looked at the man beside her.

Man: (smiling) "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see your hand."

Sanjana thought it might be just an accident. She gave him a forced smile and kept her hand on her lap.

The man's handkerchief fell on the ground so he bent down to pick it up.

Suddenly, Sanjana felt someone's fingers trailing down her bare left leg. She uncomfortably moved her leg and looked at the man beside her. He winked at her and smirked.

Sanjana balled her fists on her lap, shifting in her seat. Karan felt her discomfort and looked at her, his eyes falling on her fists.

Karan: (holding her balled fist) "Sanjana, are you okay?"

Sanjana looked at Karan, fear in her eyes.

Karan: (worried) "Sanjana, what happened?"

Sanjana: (stuttering) "T-t-he man b-beside me is g-giving me d-dirty l-looks. He even...t-touched my l-leg."

Karan bent forward and looked at the man, who was looking at his phone now.

Karan brought his face closer to Sanjana's.

Karan: (concerned) "Do you want to exchange seats?"

Sanjana: (desperate) "Yes please!"

Karan pulled her up from the seat, and made her sit in his seat, and plopped down on her previous seat, beside the man.