21. Trust Him?

One day, Sanjana was coming back to her class since the lunch break was almost over. Before she entered the class, Pooja and Kaira stopped her.

Pooja: (with her arms crossed over her chest) "Come with me! I have something to talk to you about!"

Sanjana: (trying to get away) "I have nothing to talk to you about!"

Pooja: (grabbing her arm) "Stop being a bitch and come with me!"

She dragged Sanjana with her.

Sooraj came back to the classroom but he could not find Sanjana anywhere.

'The break is almost over. Where is she?' He thought.

Sooraj: (to the girl sitting in front of him) "Have you seen Sanjana?"

Girl: (remembering) "Sanjana? A few moments ago, I saw Pooja and Sanjana together in the courtyard."

Sooraj felt a bad vibe after hearing this. He thanked the girl and ran out of the class.

Sanjana was pushed back harshly against a wall. She cried out in pain.

Pooja: (scoffing) "Do you think that new boy will always protect you? How long will it take for you to understand this? Nobody wants you in their lives. Nobody gives a damn about you. You are just good for nothing."

Sanjana tried so hard to hold back her tears which threatened to fall from her eyes after hearing those harsh words. She glared at Pooja.

Pooja: (scoffing) "Whom are you glaring at -"

Pooja brought her hand up to slap Sanjana but someone held her hand, blocking her from hitting Sanjana. Pooja turned her head to meet the glaring eyes of Sooraj.

Sooraj: (through gritted teeth) "You better stop now!"

Sooraj jerked her hand away.

Pooja scoffed and glared back at him.

Pooja: "Who are you to order me around?"

Sooraj ignored her question and grabbed Sanjana's hand.

Sooraj: (concerned eyes) "Let's go from here."

Sooraj pulled Sanjana out from behind Pooja but before they could leave, Pooja stopped them.

Pooja: (crossing her arms above her chest) "Who is she to you? Why do you care so much about her?"

Hearing that question, Sanjana's eyes widened as she got flashbacks from her past.

*FLASHBACK*

Girl: "Why do you care about her so much? What does she mean to you?"

Karan ignored her question and was about to go from there with Sanjana, but the girl grabbed his arm.

Girl: "Is she your girlfriend?"

Karan: (jerking her hand away) "That's our personal matter. Just stay within your limits."

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Sooraj: (turning around) "Well, someone is not fulfilling her role as an elder sister who protects the younger one. So, someone needs to protect her, right? As for your first question, you don't have to understand what she means to me. Just know one thing that she has someone who cares about her and will protect her at all costs."

Sooraj exited that place with Sanjana.

Sooraj was dragging Sanjana and she tried to free herself from his grip.