32. Revelation

Sanjana grabbed Sooraj's hand and pulled him closer.

Sooraj: (confused) "What do you want?"

Sanjana's eyes moved from Sooraj's eyes to his lips as she drew his face closer to him.

Sooraj: (putting his hand on her mouth) "Sanjana, you're not in your right mind now. You'll surely regret it later."

Sanjana: (removing his hand, with sincere eyes) "I won't regret it. Please, Sooraj...I want it..."

His hand moved to caress Sanjana's red cheek.

Sooraj: (serious) "Are you sure about this?"

Sanjana: (closing her eyes, whispering) "Yes..."

Sooraj drew his face closer to her.

As their foreheads and noses touched, Sanjana's mind gave her a glimpse of the past. The memory of Karan's face so close to her, his breath fanning near her lips, was still fresh in her memories. And the slight touch of his lips on hers brought Sanjana back to reality.

Sanjana: (opening her eyes and pushing Sooraj a little) "No! I can't do this!"

Sooraj: (concerned) "Sanjana? What happened?"

Sanjana: (shaking her head) "No, this reminds me of him..."

Sooraj's eyes widened upon hearing that.

'How far did you go with him?' He thought as his heart ached and he looked down.

"SANJANA!"

A loud voice roared across the kitchen.

Sooraj and Sanjana looked back at the voice to find Sanjana's mother and Pooja standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

Both, realizing their position, moved away from each other.

Sanjana: (surprised) "M-mom..."

Mom: (angry) "Come with me! We need to talk!"

Sanjana, taking a glance at Sooraj, followed behind her mother.

When they entered the bedroom, Sanjana's mother slapped Sanjana making her stumble back as she was still not fully sober. She looked at her mother with surprised eyes.

Sanjana: "M-mom...why..."

Mom: "Why? You're asking me why?"

Her mother noticed her open shirt showing her inner fabric.

Mom: "What do you think you were doing with him in this state?"

Sanjana noticed her shirt and buttoned it up.

Mom: "Just because we don't tell you anything doesn't mean you'll do whatever you like! Did we teach you these things?"

Sanjana: (scoffing) "Mom, you're not in a position to say that."

Mom: "What? How dare you scoff at your mother?"

Sanjana: "You never taught me anything. You never paid any attention to me. It had always been Pooja. She got all the motherly love and affection. I was alone all the time. There was no one to teach me anything. When I fell and cried, you weren't there to pick me up and console me. It had always been me alone. When I was going through a rough phase, you didn't even try to notice me. You were so busy with your dear daughter."

Without even realizing it, tears streamed down Sanjana's cheeks with the words that were buried deep within her heart.

Sanjana: (with a hurt expression) "Why Mom? Why didn't you give me the motherly love? I too craved it. Why do you love Pooja only? I'm your daughter too. I have always waited for you to turn towards me but you never did. Why Mom? Am I not worthy of your love? Why? Please tell me! I want to hear it from you!"