7. Feelings

Days passed away. Karan and Sanjana became even more close to each other. Sometimes, things used to get awkward between them but Karan tried his best to lighten up the mood which always ended up in success.

The rumours said that they were dating but neither of them confessed to each other. They just loved each other's company and wanted to spend time together as much as possible.

Sanjana was unaware of Karan's feelings, but for her, their relationship meant more than just friends. Those long talks throughout the day, small skin ships, and moments spent looking at each other's eyes – everything about Karan turned Sanjana's mere teenage crush into a blooming love.

'I want to be with him always. It feels like he is the only person in this world who cares about me and understands me. I feel happy when I'm around him. Everything he does for me, and his concerns about me warms my heart. He seems like the only light to my darkness.'

Sanjana often questioned herself if she was in a dream or if was it a reality.

'If this is reality then I'm thankful to God for making my life so beautiful. And, if this is a dream, then I don't want to wake up from this dream, ever.'

The final exams would be starting soon, so everyone was busy with their studies. Karan and Sanjana's interaction lessened. Though they talked less in school, Karan always had lunch with her.

One day, it was about lunchtime. Sanjana was packing her things so that she could go to the cafeteria to meet Karan. Then, a classmate came to her.

Girl: "Hey Sanjana, someone wants to talk to you."

Sanjana furrowed her brows in confusion.

The girl pointed towards the classroom door. There was a girl leaning against the door, arms folded above her chest. Sanjana did not recognize her.

'Maybe from a different class? But what does she want from me?'

Sanjana went away with the girl.

Karan came to the cafeteria but could not find Sanjana anywhere. He entered her classroom, but she was not there either. Karan asked the girl who used to sit beside Sanjana.

Girl: "Sanjana? I don't know. I didn't see her."

Then the girl who told Sanjana about the other girl spoke up.

Girl: "A girl from another class came to meet her. She went out with her."

Karan looked confused. He went out of the class to look for Sanjana.

The girl brought Sanjana behind the school building. There was no one around. Sanjana saw two other girls leaning against the wall of the building.

Girl: "She is here!"

The other two girls smirked at Sanjana.

Sanjana felt a little scared but tried not to show it.

Sanjana: (looking at the three of them) "What do you want from me?"

One of the girls held Sanjana's hand and pushed her against the wall.

The three of them surrounded her, their arms crossed over their chest. Sanjana gulped a lump down her throat in fear.

Girl 1: (glaring) "Are you dating Karan?"

Sanjana now understood what they wanted from her.

Girl 2: (scoffing) "What did Karan see in you?"