26. Knowing Him

A few days after the mid-terms-

Sanjana called Sooraj on a holiday.

On call~

Sooraj: "Sanjana?"

Sanjana: (biting her lips) "Yeah, I called because I'm having some problems understanding some concepts."

Sooraj: "Okay, but it's a holiday so we can't go to the school library."

Sanjana: (sadly) "Oh yes...I forgot..."

Sooraj: (after a long pause) "Can you...Do you think you can come over? To my place?"

Sanjana: (surprised) "Huh? To your house? Will it be, okay?"

Sooraj: (laughing) "There'll be no problem at all."

Sanjana: (smiling) "Okay then!"

Sooraj: "Let's meet near the school."

Sanjana nodded even though Sooraj could not see her.

Sanjana: "Okay!"

Sooraj: "Meet you soon."

Sanjana: "Yeah!"

After hanging up, Sanjana got herself ready.

'He called me to his house for the first time. I wonder if his parents are at home. I should look decent to make a good first impression.'

Sanjana reached the school to find Sooraj standing near the gate.

Sanjana: (walking close to him) "Did I make you wait?"

Sooraj: (showing his dimple smile) "No, absolutely not!"

Sanjana smiled back.

Standing in front of a huge mansion, Sanjana gasped with her eyes wide open taking in the view.

Sanjana: (shocked and surprised) "Wow! It's so huge!"

Sooraj chuckled seeing her reaction.

Sooraj: "Let's go in."

The man standing outside the huge gate opened it for them.

Man: (bowing) "Welcome back, Sir!"

Sooraj gave him a small nod and smiled.

Entering through the gate, Sanjana was welcomed by the huge lawn covered with green lush on both sides of the paved road that led to the big-sized door of the mansion.

As they walked towards the door, Sanjana looked around with beaming eyes and a huge smile on her face.

Sanjana: "Are you some third-generation heir?"

Sooraj: (laughing) "What? No! This mansion belongs to my uncle. Since he's living abroad, I stay here alone."

Sanjana: (wide eyes) "Alone? In this bungalow?"

Reaching the huge wooden door, Sooraj rang the bell.

Sooraj: (replying to Sanjana) "Yes. But my uncle comes here sometimes with his family."

A maid opened the door and they entered the mansion.

The inside of the mansion was beautiful. The floor was made of white marble. The huge glass windows opened to the lush green lawn. There was a huge fountain too that Sanjana did not notice while coming in. The winding white stairs went to the upper floors. There was a couch and a sofa in the middle of the huge room. At the back of the room, the long dining table could be seen, the chairs surrounding it. The colors used in the room were simple yet the room looked grand.