13. Can I Say It?

In the next few days, the students were busy with the preparation of the annual function.

Sanjana and Karan were in the auditorium with many other students. They were painting the banners together but at the same time giggling and laughing with each other.

Rahul along with Suresh came to them.

Rahul: (seeing Sanjana) "Hello Super Girl!"

Sanjana: (confused) "Super Girl?"

Karan: (chuckled) "That's because of how you beat him the other day."

Sanjana realized and walked closer to Rahul.

Rahul: (holding his hands up in defense) "What is it?"

Sanjana: (apologetic) "I'm sorry for that day...Did it hurt a lot?"

Sanjana patted Rahul's shoulder.

Rahul: (smiling widely) "It hurts a little bit. But it will go away if you go out with me."

Sanjana chuckled at his statement.

Sanjana: "Okay, let's go for a movie tomorrow."

Rahul: (excited) "Okay!!"

Karan: (pouting) "What about me?"

Sanjana turned around to see Karan's puppy dog eyes.

Rahul: "Hey! You are always with her!"

Karan: (shrugging his shoulders) "Yeah, yeah, okay..."

After a bit of chatting, they went back to their work.

Sanjana saw Karan engrossed in his work. Suddenly an idea popped into her mind and she smiled to herself.

She took her brush which had black paint on it and stroked it on Karan's hand. Karan looked at Sanjana, only to find her giggling innocently.

Karan had a poker face which worried Sanjana.

Sanjana: "Are you mad? I was just joking."

Then, suddenly Karan snatched her brush and stroked her right cheek with the black paint.

Sanjana: (rubbing off the paint) "Hey!!"

Karan laughed at her. Sanjana tried to take the brush from his hand, but Karan pulled his hand up out of her reach.

Sanjana held Karan's shoulder with one hand while she jumped to reach the brush with her other hand.

Sanjana: (giggling) "Give it back..."

Karan: (looking up at Sanjana's hand trying to reach the brush) "No... you started it..."

Karan looked down only to realize how close they were standing and Sanjana's face was just inches away from his as she was standing on her toes. Sanjana did not realize the closeness. Sanjana jumped a little and her cheek brushed against Karan's nose. Karan brought his hand a little down and Sanjana grabbed the brush and moved back.

Sanjana: (smiling widely) "See, I won!"

Sanjana was giggling looking at Karan, oblivious to his heart racing in his chest.

Pooja and Neena were standing at a distance, helping with the decorations. But Pooja always had her eyes on Karan and Sanjana. Her blood boiled seeing them hugging each other.

Pooja: (through gritted teeth) "This Sanjana is going out of hands!"

Neena turned around to look at Sanjana and Karan.