💜 Dooriyan..?💜

Continued ..

Anubhav sat on his bed, absentmindedly twirling the visiting card between his fingers and thumb. Unlike other days, he had come home on time today, skipping overtime. His mind was in turmoil, and he couldn't focus because of the storm of thoughts swirling within him.

It's not that he doesn't trust Haseena, but throughout his childhood, he has experienced losing his loved ones and seen them going away. That fear of Haseena becoming distant from him is disturbing Anubhav's calm mind, and he's struggling to reconcile it with his principles.

He glanced at the visiting card and then at his phone, which had Haseena's picture as wallpaper.

Anubhav-pehle baat karte hai...(he said and then grabbed his house keys).

It was 6 pm when he reached Haseena's home, but he found the door locked.

He looked around and noticed her neighbors gossiping while casting glances at him.

He decided to ignore them and reached for his phone to call Haseena. However, before he could dial her number, he spotted the same navy blue car parked at the main road, just in front of the narrow lane leading to their old, charming colony.

As he stood there, debating whether to call her or not, hushed whispers from the nosy neighbors nearby reached his ears.

"Ab toh roj ka ho gaya hai...!" a woman whispered.

"Wahi na...do-do mardon ko ghuma rahi hai pichhe...!" Another woman responded in a hushed tone.

"Do kahan ab, ek toh gaya...akhir dusra wale ke paas paisa jo hai...!" A third woman chimed in, their gossip spreading like wildfire.

Meanwhile, in the midst of the gossiping neighbors, Haseena had bid farewell to the man in the navy blue car. She turned towards her home, only to be surprised by the sight of Anubhav standing there.

A warm smile lit up her face as she approached him, unaware of the rumors and insecurities brewing in his mind due to the neighbors' senseless chatter.

Haseena-aakhir time mil gya aapko...(she said smiling).

Anubhav-aap is waqt kahan se aa rahi hai...(he asked, ignoring her words).

Haseena-Papa ko airport chhodne gaye the...(she said while unlocking the door).

Anubhav-Papa ko chhodne?

Haseena-haan, Papa ka tabiyat phir se kharab ho gyi thi isliye Sneha ne ke paas gaye hai..doctor ko dikhane...(she said entering the house, but he didn't step inside), aap bahar kyun ruk gaye...aaiye na....

Anubhav-nhi hume aaj night shift mili hai, hum bas aapse milne aaye the...(he said calmly, holding his emotions back).

Haseena-do minute baith jaiye, hum chai bana dete hai...(she said, holding his wrist, and he didn't realize when he came inside because he was lost in her eyes).

Anubhav-nhi chai rehne dijiye..aap thak gyi hongi waise bhi hume late ho raha hai...(he said plainly, but she sensed the roughness in his tone).

Haseena-Kuch hua hai kya... (she asked).

Anubhav- Nahi... hum chalte hain... (he said and turned to the door when her fingers once again wrapped around his wrist, and he froze).

Haseena - Aaj mat jaiye na... (she said in a demanding tone).

He took a glance at their hands, then lifted his head to meet her gaze, and their eyes locked with each other after so long. But soon, their moment was interrupted by his phone ringing. He took out his phone with his left hand, as his right one was still in her hold.