💜Adhura Khatt💜

Three days later..

"Ab Papa kaise hai doctor?" Anubhav asked as the doctor emerged from the ICU after checking on Keshav, whose heartbeat had suddenly dropped.

"Hum puri koshish kar rahe hain unhe bachane ki, par unki body medicine par positive response nhi kar rahi hai isliye I can't give you fake hope, Sorry...!" The doctor said, sending shivers down Anubhav's spine and the rest of the family, who feared the loss of their father, except for Haseena. She remained silently gazing at the ICU.

Sneha and Jeevika both clung to their husbands for support, seeking strength in each other's embrace, while Sona and Harsh shared an emotional hug. Anubhav looked at Haseena, who seemed lost in memories. He walked over to her and gently held her hand.

"Aap chinta mat kariye, Papa thik ho jayenge...!" He reassured her, pulling her into a side hug. Haseena didn't respond, her distant gaze locked on the ICU.

"Jiju, aap badi di ko lekar ghar jaiye, char din se soye nahi hai aap dono...!" Sona suggested to Anubhav.

He glanced at Haseena, whose pale face clearly indicated her need for proper rest. Her eyelids had barely closed in the last four days due to exhaustion and her poor appetite. They had been at the hospital as Keshav's condition worsened with each passing day.

Anubhav-Haseena ji...(he softly called).

Haseena-thik hai hum...(she replied, gazing at the ICU).

Sneha-di ghar chali jaiye, aise yahan baithe rehne se aapki tabiyat aur kharab ho jayegi...

Haseena-hum thik hai...

Anuraag-aap nhi hai, ghar jaiye hum hai yahan...

Haseena-jab tak Papa thik nhi ho jate hum nhi jayenge aur ab hume koi discussion nhi chahiye..(she said, her cold and rough tone, shivers her sisters).

Dev-par badi di aise aapki health par asar padega...(he nervously said).

Haseena-Anubhav ji kah dijiye sabse ki hamari fikar na kare...(coldly).

Sona-kaise na kare hum fikar aapki, badi behan hai aap hamari, please badi di ghar jaiye raat mein wapas aa jana....

Harsh-haan badi di, hum sab sambhal lenge...

Haseena glanced at them and then at Anubhav, who stood there with a blank expression, his own condition no better than Haseena's. The key difference was that Haseena's family was urging her to rest, while Anubhav stood by Haseena's side, silently observing everyone. He realized that no matter how much anyone said he was part of their family, today, he understood that he wasn't. He had been an orphan yesterday, and he remained one today.

Haseena-thik hai, tum sab Papa ka dhyan rakhna, hum aate hai thodi der mein...(she said looking at Anubhav).

Sona-Sneha di, Anuraag jiju aap bhi jao main hoon yahan...

Sneha and Anuraag nodded while Haseena gently holds Anubhav's wrist.

Haseena-chaliye...

He glanced at her, she blinked.

They reached their home after a silent ride from the hospital. As they entered the house, their eyes fell on the decorations that had been put up for their marriage. Just a few days ago, they had entered the same home with happiness, but today, they were filled with fear - the fear of losing her father.

"Aap baithiye hum pani lekar aate hai...!" Anubhav said breaking the silence. He moved to leave, but Haseena held his wrist and hugged him tightly. He responded by embracing her in his arms.