💜 O Ri Chiraiya 💜

Continued...

Hospital 🏥

Sneha, Anuraag, Anubhav, and Haseena paced restlessly in front of the ICU, anxiously waiting for an update from the doctor who was attending their father.

"Yeh sab achanak kaise?" Anubhav finally broke the silence.

Sneha-puri raat kisi tension mein the...(she said, looking at Haseena).

Anubhav-tension..(he looks at Haseena).

Haseena remained silent, not offering an explanation at that moment. Anubhav wanted to inquire further, but at that very moment, the doctor arrived.

Sneha-Papa kaise hai doctor...(her voice trembling with worry, inquired).

"Abhi hum kuch nhi kah sakte, aur jaisa inke medical reports bata rahe hai, hume thoda wait karna padega inke hosh mein aane tak ka..!" The doctor said.

Sneha-ji...par papa thik ho jayenge na..(she asked with a quiver in her voice).

"The doctor responded, "Abhi jab tak aapke father ko hosh nahi aa jata, hum aaj unhe ICU mein hi rakhenge. Uske baad hi aapko kuch jawab de payenge..." With those words, the doctor left, leaving them in a state of anxiety. Haseena, meanwhile, silently occupied a hospital chair, her gaze fixed on the closed door of the ICU.

A newlywed bride, who had tied the knot just yesterday, still had her hands adorned with the fragrant scent of henna. A mangalsutra gracefully adorned her neck, and sindoor graced her forehead. She hadn't even experienced a full day of her marriage. Today, she was sitting in the hospital, her eyes brimming with unshed tears, silently wounded by her father's condition. The dry tears gnawed at her from within, a heavy weight on her heart.

Anubhav's hand gently wraps around her shoulder, and without a word, she rests her head on his shoulder.

Sneha and Anuraag also sit silently beside them, each holding their pain and an unspoken fear.

Meanwhile,

Inside the ICU, Keshav was laying on the bed connected to life-saving equipment, including an oxygen mask. His body was numb, unable to feel external pain, but his heart and mind were engaged in a relentless battle with his own guilt. With each passing second, Haseena's words and face flashed before his closed eyes, intensifying his feelings of remorse.

"Hum jald se jald aapke paise wapas kar denge...!" Haseena's words pierced his already pained heart.

"Guddo, hume kuch baat karni hai tumse..!" Haseena looked at him in shock because for the first time her father called her after twenty years of her birth.

"Aapne hume bulaya, papa...?!" Her shocked, surprised, and emotional eyes looked at him, brimming with tears. She felt a surge of emotions, akin to a student being praised by their favorite teacher or a writer receiving overwhelming appreciation from their readers after publishing their first book. It was like the long-awaited raindrops finally quenching the barren land after years of drought.

"Yeh hamari dawai khatm ho gyi hai..!" Her father hesitantly showed his empty medicine strip. She glanced at him and the strip.

"Hum aate time le aayenge..!" She said with an unwanted smile.

"Yaar, Papa aise thodi hota hai, aap cheating kar rahe hain...!" The teenage Sona's complaining voice reached Haseena, who was giving tuition to her students on the terrace. She glanced at the stairs as she heard her sisters and father playing Ludo in their living room.