Chapter 1

Easton's POV

New York

I'm practicing my 3 pointers during warms before the NBA championship game. I've played for the New York Knicks for 5 years now. I shoot one more and that's when the buzzer sounds to signal warm ups are over. I look around for my wife and daughter they are usually at every home game and with this being the championship they are in the floor. I spot them but not before I see her a few seats down, it causes me to freeze. She's next to Mary Kate, my best friend.

Elizabeth Olsen my high school sweetheart the one that got away. I haven't seen her in 16 years. She see's me and she gives me a small smile but even her small smile can turn anyone's bad day around. I smile back but then I see my 4 year old daughter with her big ear muffs on and my wife, Margot Robbie have huge smiles on their faces waving. I wave back and my daughter gets so excited I know she's telling Margot that I waved. It makes me laugh but I have to focus now, so I turn to head to the bench. For coaches talk and he tells me I will be jumping for the ball, the whistle blows for us to start the game. I line up and the ref throws the ball up  and I jump winning the ball.

There are 5 seconds left on the clock, we are down by 2 points and we have the ball. I get passed the ball and fake the guy out 3..2...I shoot the ball from behind the 3 point line..1..buzzer sounds and the ball goes in nothing but net! The announcer yells, "Easton James with the winning shot! The Knicks are your NBA Champions!" The crowd goes wild my teammates rush over to me. Once my teammates cleared out I look over and see her smiling so proudly at me. I then feel someone wrap their arms around my legs, and I look down to see blonde hair.

"Daddy! You won!!" she screams above the cheers. I pick her up and she hugs me tight.

Margot comes over, she hugs me leans up and gives me a kiss. "Congratulations sweetheart!" I smile, "Thank you baby!"

I give her another kiss without realizing that we have cameras in our faces. I blush as she wipes off her lipstick from my lips and she laughs knowing I still get flustered when camera's are shoved in our faces.

After all the championship stuff is done I tell her to wait for me as I go to shower. All the guys in the locker room are celebrating and I just head to the showers. Once I finish showering I get stopped by a reporter sadly in just my towel. I hate this part of my job and once is finish the interview I get dressed. The guys are trying to get me to go out with them.

"No sorry guys, I'm going to go home with Margot and Spencer." I say and they all give me a sly grin.

Then one of them says, "Oh yeah then Spencer will going to bed. Then you and Margot will do some celebrating of your own." They all laugh and I can't help my blush. I just push them out of my way and head out.

As I'm walking out I get jumped on by Mary Kate. She's screaming holding on to me, "Congratulations!!"

I laugh until I see Elizabeth watch our interaction with a smile shaking her head.

"Thanks MK." She reattaches herself from me and Elizabeth walks up to me, "You did amazing out there Easton. Congrats." She says and she pulls me into a hug. I awkwardly hug her back.

"Thank you." We stare at each other in silence for a moment and then MK speaks up, "Can't believe you shot the winning shot! That was amazing."

"Thank you! I would love to stay an chat but Margot is waiting for me." I tell them picking up my bag that I dropped.

"Of course. I'll see you this week?" MK asks and I nod.

"Yes I'll text you and it was nice seeing you Elizabeth." I say and she replies, "You too and congratulations again Easton. You did great." She smiles and that smile makes my stomach warm. I start to feel things I thought were long gone. No they are gone she's married and you're married.