Chapter 27

Easton's POV

Pre-op went well, and Dr. Lincoln is allowing Lizzie to come into the OR with me until they put me under. Lizzie says I'm being paranoid, but I swore I saw him smirk when I explained my concerns.

"Ready to go, Mr. James?" asked my nurse. Lizzie seemed jealous that the nurse was paying attention to me. Even when I told her she was just doing her job.

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess."

"Miss Olsen, you will need to wear this," she said, handing Lizzie an operation gown, scrub cap, and mask. "Now for you, Mr. James I will have to put in your catheter." Lizzie's eyes snap up glaring at her. Luckily she was getting gloved up. I wave her off and she rolls her eyes at me.

Lizzie goes to the bathroom to give me some privacy as the nurse prepares to insert the catheter. "This may cause some discomfort," she says while lifting the gown. I notice her eyes widen, although she tries to hide it. I can tell she is trying her best to mask her reaction.

"Ah, crap," I say. The nurse looks up apologetically. "I'm almost done, sorry." I close my eyes as she finishes.

"Can I come out now?" I hear Lizzie ask from the bathroom. "Yes, he's all set," the nurse replies as she hooks the bag to my bed. Lizzie emerges from the bathroom wearing all her gear, signaling that it's time to go. I feel her grab my hand and I look up, smiling.

The nurse pushes me in a wheelchair towards the operating room. Lizzie holds my hand tightly. When we reach the door, the nurse stops and instructs Lizzie to put on the mask. Lizzie releases my hand and stands aside as they take me inside. I move towards the operating table, feeling nervous and shaky. As I glance towards the door, Lizzie rushes back in, now wearing a mask. She reassures me, saying, "I'm right here, baby." 

Dr. Lincoln enters the room and asks if I'm ready. I nod my head. Lizzie brushes my hair back and kisses my forehead through her mask. "You'll be fine, I'll see you in a couple of hours. I love you."

"Okay, I love you, Lizzie," I say as the anesthesia takes effect. I squeeze her hand and close my eyes as the mask covers my face.

Lizzie's POV

His hand went limp in mine. "Alright, Miss Olsen, I can take you to the waiting room," the nurse said, guiding me to where MK was waiting.

I walked straight into her arms and didn't realize I was crying until my tears hit my lips. "Hey, it's alright, it's only knee surgery. He's going to be fine," she giggled, and I pulled myself together. "You're right, it's just that this is his career. Seeing him so scared, and it's these hormones."

I sit down and she rubs my back. I send a text to Margot to inform her that he's in surgery, and I promise to let her know when he's out so she can bring Spencer. I don't feel like talking to her after seeing her being so touchy with Easton yesterday.

I feel nauseous and rush to the bathroom to throw up breakfast, like clockwork. Both my sisters are present when I come out of the bathroom, which is strange because Ashley is not fond of Easton.

"Are you alright?" Ashley asks me with concern, but I realize she doesn't know that I'm pregnant. I nod and take the piece of gum that MK offers me to ease my nausea. As we had some free time, I decided to share the news with her. "I'm pregnant and experiencing some morning sickness, but nothing serious," I explain.

"I'm sorry, what?!"
"Shh!! Ashley, we are still in a hospital."  I shush her.

She whisper-yells, "He got you pregnant?" I roll my eyes at her reaction.

"We didn't plan for it. I forgot to take my pill after splitting up with Robbie. I need you to understand, Ashley. I love him and he treated me better than any of the guys I've been with, including Robbie," I explain. Ashley looks at me in complete shock, processing my words.