Chapter 3

Easton's POV

As I'm getting Spencer ready for preschool my phone is going off in the bedroom. I am so thankful that MK taught me how to French braid. Margot sometimes has meetings early so I have to get her ready.

I finished up her last braid so I tell Spencer to go put on a show since we have some time before I have to take her. I get my phone and see I have a missed call and two texts from MK.

Bestie: Answer your phone asshole!
Bestie: Sorry that was rude. Call me though!

I roll my eyes but laugh, she is very impatient. So I don't bother texting I just call her.

MK: Finally! What took you so long!
Me: You literally just called. I was finishing up Spencer's hair.
MK: How is my little munchkin?
Me: She's good, she did ask yesterday when she's going to see her Auntie MmmK.
MK: Aw well I was just calling to ask about having dinner tonight? You could bring her!
Me: Yeah that should be fine. Margot has meetings and some work tonight that she's gonna have to stay late for.
MK: Yay! Perfect! I'll come over around 6?
Me: Yeah that should be good. Spence will be so excited. Hey listen I have to go. I'll see you later.
MK: Okay, love ya!
Me: Love you too

We hang up and I smile as I head back downstairs to get Spencer to school. I get her in the car and we head off.

"Daddy, can we see Auntie MK soon?" She asks and I smile at how much she loves her.

"Yes princess. She's gonna come over tonight for dinner." I say looking back at her in the rear view mirror.

"Yay!! Is she going to bring that girl that looks like her?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows. I wonder if she saw Elizabeth at the game.

"What girl?" I ask and she bobs her head to the music I have playing.

"She was sitting with Auntie MK at your game the other night. I waved at them and they waved back." She answers.

"I don't think she's coming but that girl is Auntie MK's sister." I say

"But I thought Ashley was her sister."  She asks confused.

"She is but Auntie has more than one sister and that girl is her little sister Elizabeth." I say.

"Oh okay. I wish I had a sister." She accepts and moves on to that. I didn't even think about her having siblings. Margot and I haven't even talked about having more kids. She's on birth control right now until we decide to have that conversation. Spencer was bit of a surprise for us.

We get to the school I park and get her out of her seat. I walk her into the school, she sees one of her friends and gets excited but she still holds my hand till we get to the classroom.

"Okay I love you princess! I'll pick you up this afternoon." I say kneeling down and she hugs me, "I love you too daddy!" She lets go and runs off.

Her teacher approaches me, "Hello Mr. James, congratulations on the big win. Some of the teachers got together and watched. You did amazing!" She says with a smile and I smile back, "Thank you. How is Spencer doing?"

"Oh she is doing great! I'm really impressed by her. She is very smart and ahead for her age." She praises my daughter. I smile looking over at her playing with her friend.

"She gets that from her mother." I say with a smile. "Oh I don't think it's entirely her mother. I think she gets it from you as well." She says and then my phone starts to go off again I pull it out of my pocket it's Margot calling. "Speaking of I have to take this, thank you." I walk out the door answer the call.