Chapter 8

Easton's POV

I feel a kiss on my cheek stirring me awake. "Don't get up, I going to take Spencer to school, I have a couple meetings, and then I'll pick her up. Thank you for the surprise this morning. I'll see you later, I love you." She gives me a quick peck on the lips, "I love you too. "

I watch her walk out our bedroom, and I roll on my back rubbing my hands over my face. As I'm laying there in a pit of my own shame I hear my phone go off. I grab it off the charger and see a message from a number I don't recognize.

?: Hey it's Elizabeth, I got your number from MK's phone. I just want to see you again. Are you busy today?

I put her number in my phone and reply

Me: Hey does MK know you stole my number? Haha I want to see you too, no I'm not busy.

Elizabeth: Haha no don't tell anyone I'm an outlaw. Oh great! Do you want to me for lunch?

Me: Your secret is safe with me. Yeah that sounds great. How does Italian sound? I know a great place.

Elizabeth: Perfect! Send me the address I'll see you then!

Me: Sounds good!

I send her the address which is very close to MK's place so she won't have to go far. I head down to our home gym and work out for a couple hours. I shower and get ready to meet Elizabeth.

I get to the restaurant and get us a table. After a few minutes she's walking through the door and my heart stops. She's in this beautiful sundress, she sees me smiles and tells the hostess she's found me. She walks up to me I stand up and she says, "Hi Easton. Did you pick the place because it's close to MK's?"

"Hi Elizabeth." I say nodding and bring her in for a hug. I pull her chair out for her. She thanks me and sits out. I all of a sudden get really nervous. Ugh this woman always makes me feel this way.

I sit down, "You look beautiful Elizabeth." I blurt out and blush. She smiles at me and puts her hand on top of mine.

"Thank you Easton, you can relax it's me." She says and I feel the butterflies go crazy in my stomach at her touch.

I take a deep breathe and nod, "Sorry I know. I guess you still make me nervous." I laugh and she giggles. Gosh I miss that sound. The waiter takes our order she has what I'm having since she's never been here.

"Spencer's been asking me when she gets to see Lizzie again. I think you made quite the impression on my daughter." I say thinking of the easiest safe topic to talk about.

"Aw really? She's beautiful and adorable." She compliments and I smile, "Thank you that's all Margot." She shakes her head, "No she's got your smile." I blush and nod knowing that my mom and Margot say the same thing.

"Yeah my mom says that." I say and she gets excited, "Oh how is Christy?"

"She's good she actually moved out here when Spencer was born. Said she would not live across the country from her grand baby." I tell her she smiles. "That's cute. Well I'd be happy to hang out with Spencer again. We could kick your butt at games again."

She fills me in on her life aside from the Robbie stuff and I tell her about Spencer mostly. We talk through lunch and the bill comes and I already have my card out handing it to the waiter. She gives me a look, "I asked you to lunch Easton." I just shrug as the waiter comes back with my card.

"Do you want me to walk you back to MK's so you don't have to go by yourself?" I offer and she smiles, "Yes I'd like that."

She puts her sunglasses on and I pull mine on as well. The walk back is quiet but not in a awkward way. Once we get to the doors of the building I stop. "Do you want to come up?" She asks and I hesitate, "I don't know."

"She's not home so you won't get yelled at for avoiding her." She says and she heads through the door. Shocked at her accusation but I follower her in. She's already in the elevator so I have to run to catch up to her.

"I haven't been avoiding her?" I lie and she scoffs, "Please you have hung out with her since the night they yelled at us for walking in on us.."

"On us hugging?" I finish but I know that it was more than a hug. She doesn't answer me knowing it was more than a hug too.

We get to MK's floor and she head towards the kitchen and I follow sitting on one of the bar stools.

"Easton? Can I ask you something?" She breaks the silence and I nod.

"Why did you come over that night? We haven't seen each other in years other than at the game." She asks and I suck in a breath, "Honestly I don't know why, I heard you were hurt and I knew how I hurt you like that. So I guess I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I hate it when you are hurt especially your heart"

She moves around the bar separating us and I turn my body to face her, "Why? I hurt you more back then." 

"Elizabeth, you could hurt me a million times over and I would still care when you hurt." I say staring into those beautiful green eyes. She's so close to me that I reach up to wipe a tear that has fallen, she steps between my legs we are almost eye to eye. I look from her eyes to her lips and back up.

"E.." she whispers leaning into me and I can feel her breath on my lips. She presses her lips to mine and I kiss her back I remember how soft and warm her lips are I slip my tongue inside her mouth gentle but demanding. My hands move to her hips and her fingers grip my hair pulling me closer. This kiss is like we are saying hello for the first time.

I don't know how long we have been kissing but my thoughts bring me back. I push her back separating us, "Elizabeth...we can't...I'm sorry." I say between breaths and she brings her hands up to her mouth.

"Oh my...I'm so sorry Easton." She apologizes and start to get tears in her eyes. I grab her hands, "Hey hey it was as much my fault as it was yours."

"What does this mean?" She asks and I move to stand up her backing away. "I don't know...I don't want to hurt Margot and we have a daughter. But I know that the feelings for you that I thought were gone weren't. I don't know what to do." I walk over to the window and rack my hands threw my already messed up hair.

I feel her arms wrap around me hands clasped together and her head on my back. "Take a deep breath Easton. It's okay I understand I don't want to get in the way of anything." We hear keys in the front door and breaks apart from me. She puts some distance between us.

"Oh so you can come hang out with my sister but you can't hang out with your best friend!" MK starts freaking out and I feel guilty so I don't answer. "You avoid me for a month and I just get all these lame excuses. What the hell Easton!"

"Mary Kate! He actually is here to see you! He's been waiting for you for the last 10 minutes." Lizzie says completely lying about why I'm here.

"Oh...why didn't you text?" She asks confused.

"I felt like I owed you an in person apology."

"Well yeah you do." She comes up to me and nudges me. "Let's go out for drinks tonight!?" She asks and I smile nodding, "I just need to go home have dinner with Spencer and Margot then I'll come pick you up." I explain.

"Okay sounds good family man." She jokes and I head out to get my car. The whole way there I can't stop thinking about that kiss.