Chapter 29

Easton's POV

**Flashback**

I am pacing around nervously in the doctor's office while Margot is sitting calmly on the exam table, smiling at me with her gown on.

"Easton, sweetheart come here."

She extends her hand towards me, and I immediately stop and walk over to take it, instantly calming down.

I barely had time to think about the fact that only one other person could affect me like that, when the doctor knocked on the door.

Dr. Deluca introduced herself and shook our hands. Margot squeezed my hand too hard, drawing my attention back to her. She gives me a glare, and I look at her confused. She rolls her eyes and turns back to the doctor.

Margot had me stand by her head, which I found odd. Despite having been there before, I didn't argue and grabbed her hand when she gave me another glare.

"Before we begin, we'll perform a pelvic exam and vaginal ultrasound. Although it's too early to detect a heartbeat, there's no cause for alarm."

Margot squeezes my hand during the pelvic exam. During the vaginal ultrasound, Dr. Deluca points out the baby as a little spot. Margot looks up at me and I state dumbly, "My baby is in there."

"Yes, it is," she says with a smile as she grabs my shirt and pulls me down for a kiss.

**End of Flashback**

It was a wonderful day when I saw my beautiful daughter for the first time, even as a small dot. Now, I am excited to continue to share this experience with Lizzie, the woman I always imagined having a child with.

One week later...

The doctor arrives, but it's not the same one as before. I glance at Lizzie, who's nervously playing with her fingers, indicating that she swapped her female doctor for a male one.

Come to think of it Margot did the same thing. I push that thought away for when we get home.

""Hi, I'm the father, Easton James." I extend my hand for a handshake.

"Yes, I'm Dr. Hill and I'm a big fan. So sorry about your injury. How's the rehab?"

"It's alright, going slowly." I say and Lizzie grabs my hand. This makes Dr. Hill focus on why we are here.

"Okay Miss Olsen, lets have you lay back and lift your shirt and we will see how everything looks."

She follows instructions and I move closer, holding her hand. The doctor applies gel, causing her to wince at its coldness.

He places the wand on her stomach and begins moving it around to locate the baby. That's when I hear the thumping through the computer's speaker. I can't help the smile the comes to my face.

"There's you the baby's heart beat." He says and I look down to see Lizzie's face but she just been looking at me.

"What?" I ask as she just staring at me with her smile so big that he nose scrunched.

"I just imagined this moment, and your smile made it even better." She reaches up and strokes my cheek.

"That's our baby in there," I say stupidly. She giggles as we both look back to the screen to see our baby. The doctor prints out pictures for us.

We drove home, and as soon as we got there, I asked her, "What happened to Dr. Wilson?"

"Oh...um I just wasn't comfortable with her." She says helping me sit down on the couch not meeting my eye.