Chapter 20

Margot's POV

"Margot, is she my daughter?" He asks and I grab his hand and pull him downstairs. Hoping my daughter didn't hear him.

"Please keep your voice down." I tell him and he shakes his head. "Margot, if my math is correct it's possible that that little girl up there could be my daughter."

I don't answer him right away and I start to do the dishes from dinner. He sighs and comes around turning off the water. "Is she?"

"I don't know it's possible you are biologically her father but Easton is her dad." I say firmly and he laughs, "Don't you think I had the right to know if she's mine and the chance to be her dad...you know I thought it was strange how you never called me again after that night and you dove more into your relationship with Easton!"

"Tom, back then you were a moment of weakness and I was falling in love with Easton." I tell him the truth.

"I deserved to know the truth and you took that away from me! I want a paternity test and if you decide to leave me again and she is my daughter I want to know that I can still have her in my life." He says and he walks out without another word. I sit on the bar stool and put my face in my hands crying at the mess I made.

Easton's POV
I haven't seen Spencer in two weeks I've been so busy with practice. Lizzie had to head back to LA the day after we spent the weekend together, let me tell you that it was the best weekend. Spencer asked if Lizzie would come to her birthday party and she was very hesitant because she didn't want to disrespect Margot. I convinced her it would be fine and as we pull up to the house I look over to her and she is pulling at the ribbon of the gift she got for Spencer.

"Hey...it's gonna be fine. Spencer wants you here and so do I, Margot will just have to deal with the fact that you're in my life now. Plus she will probably have her own guest too." I talk her down as I pull her hands away from the present bringing them to my lips. Smiling at me she nods, "Okay...there's an adorable 5 year old waiting for her Dad to show up to her birthday party." She places a soft kiss on my lips and when she starts to pull away I place my hand on the back of her neck pulling her back into a deeper kiss. This is the first real kiss we've shared since I've picked her up from the airport this morning. I slip my tongue between her lips and she allows it for just a minute until she places her hand on my chest to push me away. "Easy there tiger, we need to get to your daughter's party." Patting my cheek as she gets out of the car.

We walk up hand and hand to the door. I go to just walk in but freeze just as I get to the door knob, then switch to the door bell. I hear little feet running up to the door, "Who is it?" She yells from the other side of the door. I motion for Lizzie to respond. "Oh uh..it's Lizzie."

The door flings open and she wraps her little arms around Lizzie. "Happy Birthday Spencer." Lizzie says to her as she kneels down to give Spencer a real hug. "Thank you! Daddy!!" She squeals as she switches to me and I lift her up holding her tight as she squeezes as best as her little body can muster. "D-daddy...too tight." I laugh as I put her down.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart" I say as she grabs our hands pulling us into the house. "Mommy! Daddy and Lizzie are here! Told you she would come." She pulls us into the kitchen and I notice Margot has her stressed face on and Tom has a beer in his hand. "You were right sweetie. How are you Elizabeth?" Margot asks and I just stair down Tom. "I'm well, thank you."

I feel Spencer pulling at my pants, "Daddy before everyone else comes can I show you that I can make a basket?" I smile wide, "Yes let's go!" I lift her up onto my shoulder and grab Lizzie's hand. We head up to the play room. I set her down and she immediately runs to get the ball. She bounces the ball and takes a deep breath like I taught her. She shoots and I'm prepared for it to miss but to my delighted surprise it goes in!

"Whoa!! Spence! That's my girl!" I yell out and pick her up. "Lizzie, did you see?"  Both myself and Spencer turn towards her and she smiles at us. "That was amazing Spencer."  Spencer smiles one of her brightest smiles that she only reserves for me and Margot. My heart stops and it makes me feel so happy that my daughter, my world, seems to adore the love of my life. I hear a throat being cleared, "Spencer, your friends are here." Spencer wiggles out of my arms and runs out of the room. Margot is staring at me but she's not glaring or anything malicious. It's her guilty face, and I don't know if I should do this but I'm going to.

"Lizzie, I need to get some more things from my old room will you get me something to drink?" She lifts an eyebrow and I plead with my eyes that it will be fine, she gives in and head downstairs. I walk past her to our old room. "What's going on Margot?" I ask not in the mood to be beating around the bush. "What do you mean?" She denies following me to the room. "We may be getting a divorce but I know you better than you know yourself and that look you're giving me is your guilty look." I tell her as I grab another one of my bags to back the rest of my clothes from the closet. She sighs, "I need to tell you something...I slept with Tom before this whole affair."

"What do you mean? So it started before a couple months ago?" I ask really confused, "No I slept with him before I found out I was pregnant with Spencer." I stop in my tracks with a pair a pants clutched in my hands. "I'm sorry, when did this sexual encounter happen?" I say my voice raising towards the end. "Around the time I was on those antibiotics..."

"You aren't telling me what I think you're telling me?" I ask and she doesn't respond. "Margot...no please no. She's mine..." I whisper with tears forming no longer mad but scared. "Easton...I'm sorry I don't know I wouldn't have brought this up but Tom figured out the math and he's wanting a paternity test. Easton, she may not be biologically yours but you will be always be her dad. I just needed to tell you if the results came back as he is biologically her father."

I leave the bag unpacked and walk out of the room. I make it downstairs into the living room and Lizzie is talking to one of Spencer's friends mom. She looks up and smiles but it drops as soon as she sees my face showing her that I am not okay. I head into the kitchen which luckily is empty, "What happened?" I hear her ask and I'm just pacing not answering her. She grabs my hand stopping me and turns me around. Her hands on my face thumbs wiping away tears that I didn't know I shed.

"Sweetheart, tell me what's going on? I saw Margot come down right after you almost just as upset as you." She asks with worry in her eyes. "Lizzie...Tom is getting a paternity test. She told me...that...um Spencer might not be mine." I manage to get out, I start to break down and my breathing picks up. "E look at me." I look at her but my breathing doesn't slow down. She presses her lips to mine I relax into her and she pulls away. "Easton, you listen to me, Spencer is your daughter." I roll my eyes, "I know the whole if the test comes back and she's not biologically mine I'm still her father."

"No, she is yours I don't need a paternity test to tell you that that beautiful little girl is yours." She tells me and I look at her in utter confusion. She grabs my hand pulling me to the living room where all the kids are playing. Spencer is smiling and laughing with her friends. I just smile and Lizzie wraps her arm round my waist the other placed on my stomach. "That smile there is why I know she is yours. She has your smile Easton." I look down at her scrunching my eyebrows.

"Oh Easton James, I have been in love with that smile for 16 years so I would know if there's another smile out there like that. I saw it the first time I met her, she may be a mini Margot but that smile is all you." She explains and I almost feel the stress leave my body but then I see Tom with a beer in his hand and he starts walking towards us. This isn't going to go over well.