Chapter 13

Y/N POV

Spencer fell asleep in the car on the way over to MK's. So I have to carry her up and I go lay her down in MK's room. I join MK on the couch still hearing my daughter's words play on repeat in my head. "I think it's because of the man I saw come out of mommy and daddy's room."

"Hey...what's going on up there." MK says and she points to my head. I shake my head taking a huge deep breath. "There was another man in my bedroom and my daughter witnessed it. She's been punishing me for kissing Lizzie which I totally understand but she slept with another man in our bed. I'm so mad but also almost relieved."

"I understand that, but it's okay to be mad. You told her about the kiss with Lizzie and she didn't tell you about this. Is there any sign that she isn't fully in fixing this?" MK asked and I think about when I told her about the kiss and she had almost a look of relief. Like she almost was feeling guilty but after I felt my guilt about my transgression it's almost as if she didn't have to worry about that anymore.

"She was almost shocked that I wanted to work on our marriage. When I told her I wanted to make sure we could make it work because of Spencer and that I still love her I could see she almost wanted to resist it. But she agreed but she keeps fighting me with everything." I admit and MK grabs my hand.

"I think you need to confront her about it and if she's still cheating then you know that she was the first to be out of your marriage." She tells me and that when I hear little feet pad against the floor rushing into the living room.

"Daddy, why did you let me sleep? I wanted to play with Auntie!" She admonishes me and MK can't help but laugh. The rest of the evening consists of playing games and having pizza. Spencer gets pretty upset when I tell her it's time to go home. She's putting her shoes on and MK gives me a long hug. She whispers in my ear, "Don't set aside your feelings for her anymore." I pull away and Spencer comes rushing up to give her a hug before I can even think about what she means by that.

Margot's POV

"You have to leave, Easton and Spencer will be home soon." I say grabbing his pants off the floor throwing them at him. He doesn't move and I grab his shirt as I plead with him, "Tom please!" That seems to get him moving. As he is putting his pants on, "Why? Why do we have to keep sneaking around. I thought you said we wouldn't have to do this much longer?" He asks and I sigh not wanting to have this conversation again.

"Because...I have to make it look like I want to try to work it out until I ask for a divorce." I say and I think because I still love him too but I leave out the part. "Besides I know he wants her more so it's only a matter of time before he gives up."

Tom is almost dressed and he wraps his arms around me and kisses my neck. I pull away and sigh, "I can't believe I let you talk me into coming back to my house. Especially after you say you thought Spencer saw you leave the very first time."

I walk with him downstairs and he kisses me goodbye. I'm such a hypocrite and I hang my head all the way up the stairs to change the sheets and shower.

Easton's POV

One week later...

I've been so busy with practice and weight training that I've barely had time to talk to Margot. Today I will though because it's our scheduled marriage counseling appointment.

"Margot, how are things?" Dr. Fisher asks, I look over at her and she doesn't look at me when she answers. "We had a fight after coming home last week and Easton has been busy with practice so we haven't really had time to talk."

Dr. Fisher looks at me. "Easton, I understand your job is very demanding but I need you to try and talk to Margot other than at our sessions."

I nod, "She still hasn't let me come back to our room." I say not that I want to but I'm trying to bait her.

"I don't know if I can trust him." She shoots back and that's when I lose it. "Trust me!? That's rich!" I yell and Dr. Fisher intercepts, "Easton, why do you say that?"

I look at her and I say, "Spencer, saw him leave our bedroom, Margot."

"Easton, I can explain-"

"Explain? Explain that our 4 year old saw a man that isn't me leave our bedroom? When and was that the only time?" I ask and tears start falling from her eyes.

"Since you guys made the finals....no." She admits and I stand up to pace the floor.

"We sleep in that bed together, is it still going on?" I ask and she just nods covering her face with her hands. "When was the last time?" I ask and she looks up Dr. Fisher and I stand in front of her. "Margot?"

Last week when you took Spencer to MK's and I turn to Dr. Fisher, "Sorry for wasting your time Dr. Fisher but we will no longer be needing your services." I walk out of the office and I hear Margot following after me. Once we are in the parking garage she says, "Easton please?!"

"No Margot! I'm not going to stand here and let you make me feel bad. I know I kissed Lizzie but I came clean about it and I stopped talking to her because I wanted to make it work with you!" I yell my voice echoing.

"I was lonely Easton...you were gone so much and Tom he was there." She says with tears still falling down her face. As soon as she said Tom I think back to when we were at one of her events when we were first together and he was there. He was blatantly flirting with her and I was a little insecure because they were exes but she told me that there was nothing to worry about. There were other events we'd see him at and he couldn't keep his eyes off her.

"Tom? You told me there was nothing to worry about with him? You know what I'm done Margot! I'll come home to pack some of my things and I'll stay at my mom's. Then I have to go away for work tomorrow and I'll be gone all weekend." I say starting to walk away.

"What about Spencer?" She says and I scoff, "You should've thought about that before you started having an affair." I say walking to my truck and get it slamming the door. I look back in the rear view mirror and see she's walking over to her car. I start up my truck and head home.

Once I get to my mom's and I walk through the door.
"Hey sweetheart? What's going one?" She asks me seeing my suitcase.

"Margot's been having a affair with her ex Tom." I say walking straight to the kitchen to grab a beer.

"What?! For how long?" She asks and I answer, "Since the finals and she didn't end it. She's been cheating this whole time and she's been beating me up about kissing Lizzie. Even though I chose to want to work on us!" I yell and my mom just listens. "I know I'm not off the hook for Lizzie but I didn't go further and I told Lizzie I need to focus on my marriage. Mom I tried because I still love Margot and I really didn't want to break up Spencer's home. She was with him last week and you want to know how I found out?! Spencer! Mom Spencer told MK that she saw him come out of our room!!" I yell and I don't realize I'm crying till she comes around the counter wipes at my eyes and pulls me down into a hug.

The last time she saw me like this we when I was 18. She lets me cry it out and once I get hold of myself I pull away from her. We don't talk about it anymore and she makes me dinner.

"Thanks Mom, I have to go to LA tomorrow for the weekend one of the sports podcasts wants me on it." I say and she nods raising an eye brow at me.

"What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes at me. "I know Lizzie it back in LA. You better be careful and be sure of what you are feeling before you even go see her Easton James." She full names me and I hate to say it but I was thinking about her. If she even wants to see me after telling her I needed to work things out with my wife she never texted me back just left me on read.