2: Kiss Of Life

After the show

Kentrell

Turning off the faucet's supply of warm water, Kentrell first shakes his hands a little over the white marble basin of the sink then reaches for the paper towel dispenser. A part of him pauses at the hand dryer then he quickly shakes his head and waves his wet hand in front of the sensor to summon a paper towel.

He hates hand dryers. See, they didn't have any in his neighborhood because he grew up on the rougher poorer north side. But whenever his grandmother or aunts would drag him into the main city of Baton Rouge, those glossy buildings almost always had one. Since he was a little boy and they were women.. they couldn't go in the bathroom with him. Also, he knew he wouldn't be allowed to leave until his hands were dry. He also couldn't dry them on his clothes- they had a strict rule about that because it would make him look sloppy and the fabric might wrinkle. The last thing they wanted while away from the ghetto is for him to look like he belonged back in the ghetto.

Another hand wave later and Kentrell quickly wipes his hands, crumbles the paper towel and tosses everything in a trash bin.

The problem about this part of the building was it was a maze. And the flickering and dim lights only heightened the effect more. To leave Kentrell needed to turn to the right, pass three doors and make another left turn. There at the end of the hall would be a door. The door would take him to where his friends where waiting. It's a hard thing to explain. Like a little lobby and then together they would all leave through a side door closer to where they had parked. He was excited to leave. For one, big crowds sparked his paranoia. For two, he was eager to put his shiny new awards on the shelf. Best Song with Right Foot Creep and of course his fans had voted him Best Rapper. Although the peer voted Best Rapper Award when to King Von. Von also got the Best Album Award. Who can forget he also had to win the Best Dressed Award because apparently bitches think he looks good in pink. Somehow he qualified for the Fresh Talent Award. There were others but he doesn't want to recall how that bitch won more than he did.

Tyquian didn't win anything either. His whole posse is walking away with just two awards. While Jamell won Best Music Video with Murder On My Mind. The fucking psychopath won Best Personality or whatever for his 'interesting' whatever whatever.

Don't even get him started with Durk because that bitch must have bent over for some damn body to win as much as he did with his shitty ass music and his girly ass looks. And! And he got to fucking perform? So Kentrell had to just sit there and let his ears bleed watching that shit. Damn near lost his hearing.. he's going to have to make an appointment with an ear doctor just to make sure he can still fucking hear properly. He also got to present Lil Baby was his Hottest New Talent Award. That blond pain in his ass took home at least six awards. Von took home almost six if not six. Jamell got a good four. Nardo Wick won Best New Rapper and in his speech he just had to give prompts to that blond bastard.

Kentrell still doesn't understand how he didn't win the Sexiest Rapper Award. Best believe when he gets home.. best believe tomorrow after he.. best believe tomorrow afternoon after he's slept the party off, he's hopping on live and cussing all in attendance out for now hyping his fine ass up enough. Had Durk on the stage talking about 'he rare' and shit. Yeah nigga you rare, thankfully that kind of ugly only shows up once every ten thousand years. When he winked Kentrell could feel his granny just gasping in her grave. He needs to sue for emotional damages.

Anyways, back to the layout. See, Kentrell was careful to count everything because Tyquian had already warned him it was hell. But he made one little error. Instead of making that crucial initial left turn, he went right. Easy mistake to do honestly. But unfortunately as he passed those three doors and unknowing ventured deeper and deeper in the backstage area, he was now amidst dressing rooms.