21: Always Watching

Meanwhile in Jacksonville

Nardo

The funeral was the day before. Nardo went with Destiny and supported her the entire way through it. Last update they got from the cops is the fact they still have no idea who could have none of it. There were too many fingerprints discovered in the house for that to be an effective way of trying to track the killer plus nobody saw anything save for a shadowy figure that nobody seemed to be able to identify. Their only right lead was Nardo speaking to Sierra at the party. But after they spoke their few words or whatever, Nardo left. And he could prove that he did through friends and associates that he went to hang out with.

After that? The trail just when cold. 

Destiny was having the hardest time trying to come to terms with the fact that whoever killed her sister and brother might never be caught. Now the poor thing is scared that the killer might come after her next. She's been having nightmares and just a terrible time sleeping. But thankfully for her, Nardo is here and has been there for her every step of the way. 

The evening before, shortly after the funeral, with her emotions running high, Nardo suggested that she pack up and come back to Atlanta with him. He would take care of her and buy the rent on her apartment for her too. She called her mother and asked her about it and her mother said it was a great idea, that she needed to go and clear her mind for a little bit. So, Destiny just started to pack her belongings and Nardo helped with as much as he could. They packed up Nardo's hotel room afterwards and after that Nardo drove her back to his house. 

For most of the car ride, Destiny slept. Which Nardo didn't mind because she really hadn't been sleeping well. She was sleeping so soundly by the time they made it to Georgia that Nardo just picked her up and carried her inside his house. 

Nardo appeared to be right, their first day together in Georgia has been the happiest he's seen her since the party. Destiny has never been to Atlanta before, so they spent the whole day doing whatever she wanted to do. In between the fun and laughter, Nardo has been typing down lyrics on his phone. He wasn't working on a song or anything but something certain people or events can influence him and lyrics just start popping in his mind from out of nowhere. 

Destiny is a great muse.

Now they're just coming back home from all the fun. The Hellcat is packed with bags because Nardo just had to spoil her, she's never had a nigga like him before. He knows, Destiny already been told him. She wearing these lethal red shorts that barely seem to fit over her butt; hell, Nardo has been tucking them down all day. Every time she moves the wrong way the material wants to ride up.  Besides that, her breasts are squeezed into this little black halter top. It's fucking winter but she's out here looking so hot Jack Frost is sweating. Nardo can hardly blame him.

"Babe." Destiny grins, pressing her chest against Nardo's, craning her head back to look up at him. 

Nardo wraps one arm around the small of her back. He smiles softly. "What beautiful?"

Destiny simply gushes at the nickname. He literally calls her beautiful or pretty all the damn time. She never gets tired of hearing it though. She grins and flashes the pretty little gem on her upper left canine. She always wanted a tooth gem, Nardo got her one after they finished lunch today. "I wanna cook fa you. What you wanna eat?"

Nardo chuckles, his smile growing bigger as his second arm wraps around her. "You on tha menu?" His lips tug into a lazy smirk. He's joking, half joking.

Destiny rolls her eyes, shaking her head a little as she does. "No, but if you good I might be on tha dessert menu." 

Nardo hums, bearing his tongue to slowly lick across his lips. "Even betta. Ion be knowin' what I want besides you. Cook whateva you want, bahbeh."

Destiny gives him a peck on the cheek before she pulls away to go see what they had, knowing she'll probably have to order groceries regardless. 

As soon as she's out of the room, Nardo's phone vibrates in his pocket. He pulls the device out and groans softly. 

Jamell.

Jamell has been fucking calling him all day long. 

He presses the green button and brings the phone to his ear. "Nigga, fuck you want?" He hisses through gritted teeth.

Melvin rolls his eyes and smirks. "Feelin' fiesty tanight?" His dark voice chuckles. "Iight little slime."

Nardo sighs and quietly heads towards the stairs. "Jamell... Ian in tha mood right nah, nigga."

Melvin rolls his eyes. "It's Melvin. Why you always wantin' Jamell fa'?"

Nardo wipes a hand down the slide of his face. "And if I told Von you be steady on ma phone?"

Melvin laughs. "Ion know why you so worried 'bout that nigga eithea. We both know he ain't poppin' shit no mo."

"Nah fool, WE don't know shit. And just cuh he won't hurt you... don't mean he would hesitate before KILLIN' me!" Because again- if Nardo was bisexual- why would he go after King Von's personal piece of eye candy? Okay, Von's in drilling retirement. Good. The streets all over the world are much safer for it. But does that mean he won't snap out long enough to put Nardo's picture on a 'Gone Too Soon...' shirt? No. No that doesn't. And just because Von ain't shooting shit doesn't mean that his best friend isn't a shooter and his evil twin can't call and get niggas handled expeditiously quick. 

Melvin went silent for a few moments. Finally, with his voice much deeper, "I wouldn't let him hurt you."

Nardo rolls his eyes. "Melvin... Jamell... Melly... Marcus... Stuart Little- whatevea tha fuck you is right nah... what tha fuck you want, nigga?"

"Hm." Melvin hums. "Missed our meetin' last night-"

"I was in Fl-"

"I know." Melvin cuts him off. "How was tha funeral?"

Nardo's heart stops and instantly his skin grows warm and clammy. "Nigga... how tha fuck did you kn-"

"How's she doin'? Hm? Nice ta know she can still look like uh whore while she grieves. It was nice uh you ta take ha all those places today. Even got ha uh little diamond fa ha smile... Is she mo' prettier ta you with that diamond? Cuh I got uh whole rack uh diamonds in ma mouth."

Nardo didn't say anything. He just sits on the corner of his bed in silence. So many thoughts race through his mind. How did he know about the funeral? How did he know how Destiny was dressed or what they did? Nardo hadn't even him all day today... So how did he know all these things?

"Uh shame tha cops can't find who did it." Melvin carries on, looking down at his shiny nails. He just got them done today, the clear coat is so stunning against his dark skin. "It was probably Tony."

Nardo's eyes widened. Now he really feels cold. "Melvin what do you wa-"

"Nothang. Just know whenever you're with ha and wherever y'all go.. 'm always witchu, boo. I am always watchin' you. And if you think that... slut... is enough ta come between us?" Melvin laughs, a big smile glowing on his face. "You can't fight my love. Goodnight Nardo. I love you."

SUdden'y, Nardo's tongue is dry and awkward in his mouth. Any attempt at speech just comes out in little mumbles. Melvin laughs in his ear before hanging up the phone. 

Just a filler. I know it's short.

How is Jamell watching Nardo?

What is going to happen to Destiny?

Is Jamell out of love with Von or just bored?

Meanwhile- what the hell is Melody doing to Durk?

Where is Kentrell? He's been M.I.A. for a minute.

Quote for the day: don't light yourself on fire to keep others warm

Love y'all, God bless