29: Good News

Later, at the studio

Durk

"Ayo! Durk!" Walking down the hall towards his own personal studio, his actions halt momentarily as he instantly recognizes the voice calling out to him. Scowling, he shakes his head a little then continues to walk. All the while thinking of the unnatural levels of audacity Jamell is able to produce. Because why could he want to talk to him when he's doing that thing to Von again? That, that unnamed thing that transforms his best friend into a living breathing puppet. Von doesn't want to hang out anymore, he doesn't want to play basketball, he hardly wants to talk on the phone and when he does the conversations are always short. Durk popped by his house yesterday and let him why that nigga looked so damn empty and hollow?

"Durk!"

"Way 'm feelin' right nah, Jamell. You best be livin' me tha fuck lone, mane!" He snarls, throwing his head over his shoulder to glare at him.

Smacking his lips, Melly rolls his eyes and gives his head a weak shake. "Nobody eve hea fa all that." He complains, "You just mad ovea Von." A wide toothy grin spreads on his face. "As long as 'm livin', he ain't neva gon want you."

Turning abruptly on his heels and stomping over to the dark skin male, "Well that can fuckin' be fixed then!" His voice roars, threatening to shake the entire skyscraper to it's very core. 

All the while, with a cocky ass smirk on his face, Melly just laughs. See, nothing can bother Melly; he's the happiest son of a bitch in the history of the world. Made only happier by the fact he's got Von back. Jamell isn't treating Von the best... in general and the other personalities are having secret meetings trying to discuss ways to fix this and prevent more hurt from coming to him.

"Mane, whateva. Go sumwhere wit allat attitude, lil baow! Listen, it ain't eve bout Von... it's bout yo new lil prodigy." A swipe of his tongue across his top lip and he's grinning at the male. Ironically, for once someone has murder on his mind and it's not Melly. 

Durk stops dead in his tracks, the wheels of his mind churning trying to produce an answer. 

Another happy carefree laugh. "Nardo."

Oh. Why he ain't just say that? "See, part of tha reason I can't stand yo ass is all these damn mind games you be playin'." Exactly how he trapped Von. For as gangsta and hard as he can be, deep inside that nigga is just a tub of chocolate pudding; the soft set kind.

Melly chuckles and shakes his head. "Mind games? Nah, slime. I just be havin' fun while you ovea therea stressin' 'n' shit fa no reason." He shrugs. "But since yo ass sa damn grumpy today, 'll keep it short. I was down in Florida dis weekend wit Von-" cause he just HAD to throw that part in there. Wasn't a secret that Durk liked his evil twin in more than just a friendly way, in fact, the only person who didn't or couldn't see that was Dayvon himself. When the look of annoyance shifts to reddening anger and his eyes start to glow with malice and other evil intentions, Melly offers an unphased smile as his story continues. "We saw Nardo therea too. Why jit still gangbangin'? I thought you ain't supportin' violence no mo'." 

Now how much of his story is a lie and how much of it is the truth? Well for one, he was in Florida this weekend as it was his mother's birthday and he took Von too because Jamell wasn't about to trust leaving his ass back in Atlanta without him for two days. But the part about running into Nardo was a plain ass lie. They're from two different parts of Florida entirely but he knew that Durk didn't care enough about him to bother listening whenever he was talking about where he was from. 

"See, 've been tryna mentor 'im cause nobody else is carin' fa tha jit... shit ain't been workin', clearly, so I thought 'd fill you in on it." He explains as he nods his head.