19: Bad News

The next day; in Jacksonville

Nardo

Beside him on the bed, a weight shifts, and rolls over. Nardo groans in mild annoyance as this means she's no longer pressing up against him. While not fully awake, he's not fully asleep either. A series of notifications had caused the other's phone to vibrate and as it was on a wooden nightstand, it buzzed awfully. 

A yawn, rolling over as Destiny unplugged her phone from it's charger. 

A few moments later, "Hi Mam- Mama!? Wh-what's wrong?"

Nardo's eyes fluttered open, looking at the city of Jacksonville through Destiny's bedroom window. This was his cue. Not that he wanted it to be, of course, he just has a role to play. So, rolling back on his back, he pulls himself up and scoots closer to her. Eventually throwing his legs over the edge of the bed to sit beside her, just in time for her to scream in his fucking ear. 

Honestly, this girl was lucky she's so damn cute. 

"Bahbeh!?" He cried, pressing a hand against the small of her back and instantly rubbing her back. "What's wrong?" He asks in a slightly hushed tone than before. 

Destiny just starts to sob loudly, Nardo pulls her body against his and holds her close to his chest. Biting his tongue as he holds back a yawn. Hopefully after all of this they can go back to sleep. 

"Mama! M-Mama.. I-I do-don't... h-how did th-this..?" She stammers, above her Nardo gently bobs his head to the beat of her stutters; wondering how much longer this would go on before she hangs up the phone and they can go back to sleep.

"When though!? I.. I just saw Sierra!" She wails. Nardo nods, brows high as his lips twitch into a briefly lived frown of recognition. 

"At.. uh.. you know Mo-Monunique? Uh.. Ms. Jackie's daughter?" She sniffles, resting her head on Nardo's shoulder. Honestly in her distress, she vaguely can even recognise that he's here. 

"Y-yeah... she flew a party last night. Sierra was there with her friends." She just starts to sob all over again, suddenly leaning forward as hse does. Causing Nardo to immediately reach out and grab her to keep her from falling forward off the bed. 

"I told him ta fuckin' stop this gang shit!" She roars, through tears. "N-now look what happened!"

Nardo rolls his eyes, all this for some ugly ass little girl and some wack ass nigger? Really Destiny? He pulls her back against him and simply hugs her there, swaying as she cries. "'m so sarry, bae." He murmurs softly.

"O-okay.. Y-yeah... yeah, ma. 'm good. I-I ain't alone.... mhm.. Okay.. I.. I love you." She hands Nardo the phone so he just hangs it up and rests it on the bed beside him. 

"Destiny," he coos, "What's wrong? What happened?"

"S-.. l-.. my mom.." She turns to look up at him. Even with her eyes overflowing with tears, Nardo is captivated with her beauty. He looks at her, his brows furrowed and his lips in a frown.

"Breathe fa me, princess." Is all he says, tone so gentle and supportive. Even though his denim jeans feet away contain droplets of Quontavius's and Sierra's blood. Even though he himself is their murderer and laughed in their faces as he did it. "Breathe."

Destiny forces herself to take a long slow inhale through her nose and pass it out her mouth. 

"Good girl." He murmurs, leaning in to kiss her forehead. She sniffles and tries to take another deep breathe as Nardo rubs and pats her bare back.