8: Of Rude Awakenings

The next day

Durk

After a particularly hard night what with Kentrell and those two bitches that somehow turned into witches, Durk was all ready for a peaceful morning and noon spent sleeping. Because, for some reason, he was up until three in the morning looking at pictures, videos, and interviews of Kentrell. The more he searched up on him, the less he started the view him as an opp. Hell, an opp should be equal to you or ahead of you in some way. All Kentrell is is a weak little trolling ass bitch who needs to get his ass kicked. But since Durk isn't too keen on ever touching him again, hopefully, he can just get one of his little niggas from back home in the trenches to do it.

I digress, Durk was looking forward to a peaceful morning spent sleeping in. It was the day after the awards show and not a lot was on his radar as far as plans went. He would probably spend the day watching television and smoking weed, maybe call Von over for some basketball and video games later... or sooner. Truth be told, he just doesn't like to be alone. India has changed since they first met in 2018 but life and a good relationship should do that for someone, he guessed. See, before things started to get bad and cracks started to appear, towards the beginning of his meteoric rise to fame, they were tighter than tight and madly in love. When they first met, India was so clingy and affectionate. She was always doing little things for him and she would constantly smother him with attention. After Willow was born, they smothered both Willow and Skylar, as well as themselves, with all the love and affection their hearts could handle. They were living off Durk solely when India decided she wanted her own brand and business. Okay, no problem- Durk did that for her. It was sexy as well watching his woman mature into the boss bitch he knew she could be. Unfortunately, though, that meant less and less time for him. Which at first he was fine with it; he had his two girls- he always, even to this day, counts Skylar as his. Her bitch ass daddy can either suck it, accept it or try to fight him. The third option however is not advised. I digress, even with their two little joys in his life he started to yearn for a woman's touch. On tour.. he caved to those cravings. And unfortunately, it became sort of an addiction. Like all addictions, his addiction to sex and cheating was one he really thought he could stop at any time. One that he never in his wildest dreams or nightmares would imagine could ever destroy his life or hurt the ones he loved most. But in the end, like with the majority of addictions, his cost him the love of his life, his family, and his future with all three of them. For the past year, he's been fighting to get it back. Unfortunately, her heart just doesn't seem in it this time around. Perhaps she had just given him too many chances, perhaps she realized their daughters were growing older and she wanted to set a better example as to what type of man they should be with; crushing to think he could even be that for them.

It's unfair to say India going out into the workforce and chasing her dreams chased him into the arms of another. What he can say is he fully realizes what Nicole used to complain about. He can't forget that his constant choosing the gang life or the rap shit over her and their two kids is what caused them to divorce.

Funny enough, even with all twelve of his kids; his six, India's other daughter and his sisters' and brothers' kids, all of his baby moms, his siblings, his family, his friends, his peers, and his entire fanbase... Durk is actually pretty damn lonely. It's this loneliness and sadness that more often than not leads to him taking so many pills he passes out or drinking and smoking so much he can barely recall his own name.

Speaking of which... all this leads back to the point from earlier; Durk didn't go to sleep until after three in the morning and all he wanted was a nice peaceful morning and noon that he could spend catching up on his sleep. Sadly, that was a dream not to be for his phone constantly vibrating and dinging forced him out of slumber around ten.