27: Phone Call

Same day; studio

Tyquain

"Mane, wherea's Kentrell?" Joe spats angrily. The group of three, Joe, Tyquian and Ben, had been waiting on their friend for around forty five minutes with not a word from him; not call, no text... nothing.

"How should I know, slime?" Tyquian sighs, spinning around in his chair to look at the two annoyed faces. He adjusts his hood over his head before shrugging. "Ain't dat nigga's keepa."

"Yeah?" Joe huffs, "But yo ass stay actin' like it."

"Listen-" Ben interrupts, sensing the warning signs of a potential argument that he would much rather avoid. "All I know is somebody needa call his dented ass." 

"'ll call 'im." Tyquian murmurs, knowing he'd be offered up to do it anyway. Spinning back in his chair, he grabs his phone off the desk. The home screen was a picture of his little girl. Everything he saw her he just had to smile, even know. Hard to believe that he help create something so beautiful. With a sigh, he swipes up and taps on the phone app. 

Moments later, it was ringing.

"Hmmm...?" Durk hums, reaching down to grab Kentrell's phone off the counter. The two having just got inside from playing a few rounds of basketball. Kentrell sucks, he's worse than Von. But it's kind of how male dogs let females win fights, Durk knows what he's doing. If losing lets him win in the bedroom later, then he's all for losing. "Yo phone's ringin'."

"Nah, you don't say." Kentrell snickers with a smile, coming up with a glass of cold water for Durk as he kisses him on the cheek. Glancing down, he pulls his phone away from the other. 

"Nah," Durk pouts, reaching to grab it back. "Why can't I answer it? You got ta answer ma shit."

Kentrell sneers, "Cause, you gon be mean." Sticking out his tongue, he heads towards the hallway. 

"Sup TyTY?"

"Sup TyTy..." Durk mocks him, rolling his eyes. "And I ain't mean eithea! You just got sum fucked up friends!" He shouts.

With a smile, Kentrell pauses to turn back and shake his head at Durk.

"Nigga sup? Big cuh! Wherea da fuck is yo ass!?" Tyquian hisses. "You got us hea sititn' round lookin' crazy waitin' fa yo ass!" 

Huh..? "Wha-"

"Nah... nah! Don't tell meh yo dumbass forgot!"

Kentrell scowls, heading back into the kitchen because know what? Durk can fucking run his hsit for all he cares. "Nah slime, cuh who da FUCK do yo ass think you talkin' ta like dat? Like Ion pop shit! You betta put sum damn respect on ma name befo I have yo mama swimmin' in da swamps lookin' fa yo ass!"

Durk almost spits out his water, he whips his head around to look at Kentrell with wide eyes. Gulping down the water in his mouth, "Damn! What that nigga do!?"

An unpleasant jolt of fear run through Tyquian's body at the threat. Made worse by two facts he knew Kentrell knew; one being his mother's brother was killed and tossed into a swamp in the nineties and the second being his mother was terrified of swimming due to her fear of drowning. "Mane, really nigga?" 

Kentrell's hazel eyes flick up to look at Durk, he winks at him. "On foe'nem's grave."

Tyquian frowns as his brows furrow. "Nigga.. what?"

Durk chuckles, shaking his head as he goes in for another sip of water. 

"Nig- listen big cuh, we all at da studio waitin' on you-"