11: Actions Over Words

At Kentrell's Home

Durk

"Iight, Imma go put up dese ja-" Kentrell began to say as he approached Durk from the right. Honestly, he didn't even think he would pay enough attention to hear what he had to say because he was watching some television show he was really into. Yet, from the moment he said the first word, Durk's head snapped away from the screen to give him his full attention. The younger couldn't ignore the butterflies he felt in his stomach over how his crush had reacted. Someone literally dropping everything to give you there full attention is always sexy. 

Until they interrupt. "What's in 'em? And why they look like sum uh witch be castin' spells wit?" Half joking, a smile and a cute little snort.

Kentrell laughs, shaking his head. "Stop, dey just old." Shit, they do sort of look creepy. Small mason jars, one holding a strange shade of brown one of his kids would describe as 'puke brown' and the other a balm similar to 'puke green'. It's the herbs and other ingredients they're made out of that give them such a creepy color. Note to self, Kentrell thinks, go ahead and put this in different, colored, containers. 

"Ain't you use that shit on me!?" Durk's eyes slowly start to widen. 

Kentrell rolls his eyes, drawing closer to the other to bend over and kiss his forehead. "Ian say dey was bad, I just said dey was old. Nah listen, Imma be busy fa uh lul bit, you got ma numba if you need-"

"Yeah, but my phone is still in my pocket." Durk tilts his head up a bit to regain eye contact with him. "I mean, it be lovely to actually have it and be able to text you if I-"

"You just luh interrupted meh, huh?" Kentrell rolls his eyes, the smile off his face. "Yeen callin' or textin' or FaceTimin' Von. Yeen eve need-"

"But I ain't eve mention-"

"And yeen ain't eve have ta, jit. Lemme take ca' uh you. I mean, you good right nie, right? Ain't hurtin' and you went ta da bathroom-"

"Which I coulda done wit out hel-"

"Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Ion ca'. Plus, I changed all yo clothes-"

"Again against my will and permission. Ion be thinkin' you understand tha fine print uh consent whole time and I think-"

"Ion ca' what you think. I think yo ass needa shut da hell up and let meh speak! Damn!" Kentrell hisses, letting a deep breath leave his lungs. Durk, huffing, just leans back against the headboard and turns his head back towards the television. 

"Uh huh, look at meh when I talk ta you. Don't be rude." Kentrell pouts, instantly missing his attention. "'m sarry." Swooping down again and leaving a trail of kisses up and down Durk's cheek. Just like how he used to do to India on their lives. 

"Go away. Get out 'n' lemme 'lone." Durk bites his inner cheek to keep from smiling.

Kentrell's heart cracked. "What? No.. c'mon bahbeh, I said I was-"

Durk breaks out in snickers, never being able to hold his laughter for long. He tilts his head up and stares at Kentrell with his pretty brown eyes. 

Kentrell lets out another relieved sigh. He smiles, face softening. "Whole time, listen... all 'm sayin' is I got you and yeen need Von. Like.. I appreciate his concern or whateva, but I can hold you down nah and he can go.. off.. and.. Ion know, Ion be checkin' on dat nigga like dat. If you need meh just.. just call uh meh-"

"How that work? Ain't I gon tha right ta choose-"

"No."

Durk rolls his eyes. "In many parts uh tha world this here is concerned kidnappin' and-"