24: Dinner Time

Later...

Kentrell

Pulling up his shirt, bringing the fabric to his nose to gently sniff it. He's using a cologne that Durk has commented on before. He knows he likes it. A part of him was considering using pheromones as well but he didn't want to be unnecessarily cruel. 

Dinner is cooked and resting in the oven on oven safe plates to keep warm. The table is all set, minus the food, and ready for Durk to arrive. Currently, Kentrell finds himself waiting by the front door of his mansion, a soft smile on his face. The smile contrasts bitterly with the thoughts raging in his mind. The mere act of standing there just makes him remember all the times when he was a kid when he would stand by the front door waiting for his mother to come pick up him. The majority of the times, she would never come. Or those times that his father would get in contact with him and promise to come and take him somewhere fun to spend the day with him. Little Kentrell used to sit in front of the open front door in his little chair and wait patiently all day. Unlike his mother, his father would never show. 

But Durk isn't his mother nor his father. And he knows he will show. 

'Course he will, jit. Don't tweak on it.' Top comforts him. It was around that time in his life when all that was happening to him that Top first appeared. But it's normal for four and five year olds to have imaginary friends so when little Kentrell tried to tell the adults in his life that he was hearing a voice in his head... no one helped him. 

Funny to think how he might have turned out if at least one person had thought maybe something was wrong and this wasn't normal.

Ring!

Kentrell jumps from the slight start, dropping his shirt and patting himself down right quick before opening the door. 

Shit! Should he had waited a little longer? Maybe he shouldn't had opened it until after the second ring? That way it doesn't seem like he was camped out in front of the door waiting for him... That makes him seem so desperate! Which he is, he just doesn't want Durk to know that.

"Hey baby dawl." Durk steps in, lifting one arm to wrap around Kentrell's shoulder blades. His second arm is currently carrying way too many things to be of good use. But Kentrell doesn't mind. He hums with a smile and hugs him back with both arms. 

"Sorry 'm late." Durk murmurs before pulling away to kiss him on his forehead. 

Kentrell's smile never wanes. He just shrugs his shoulders a little. "I didn't notice."

Durk lets out a gentle chuckle. Yeah? But yo little asss sure got to that door quick. "Hea." He holds out the bags he was carrying in his hand. "I wanted to pick you up a little sum." Now is his turn to shrug. A part of him wants to dismiss the emotions that are tied to those gifts, it's the same part of him that's having a hard time coming to terms that he's forming a crush on the nigga that's made his life hell for over three years. 

Kentrell's face lights up, his eyes sparkle and just seeing him like that makes Durk's chest ache. After handing him the bags, he cups his cheeks and pulls him in to smash their lips together. How can he resist the urge to kiss him when he's standing there looking this cute?

"Mmm!" Kentrell's lip twitch into a smile. When Durk licks his lower lip he almost snickers as he pulls away. "Want you tryna do, Smurkio?" He chuckles deeply, shaking his head. "You tryna be nasty."

Durk licks his lips and stares at him with lidded eyes. "Ma bad."

"Mhm. Come on, let's eat before I open da gifts. 'm hungry." Kentrell leads the way towards the kitchen while Durk takes a moment to lock the door before running after him. On his way, Kentrell places the bags down in a chair in the living room.