Chapter 1

I smiled as I watched all the pups play. The mother's shared photos and stories about their pups. I watch my little sister play alone. A boy soon comes up to her. They start to talk. Finally she makes a friend. I love my sister to death but she's so anti social. I don't want her to grow up like me. Making actual friends in high school. She and her new friend comes towards me.

"Tori this is Malik. He says his daddy is a warrior." She says.

"Really? Are you hoping to become one too?" I asked. He nods.

"Daddy says I'm already strong enough to start training. And mommy says I start next week." He says. He grins widely.

"Cool" I said.

"I'll ask my daddy if I can train too." My sister says excitedly. He nods and starts to talk again. The two have a conversation. I zone them out. I'm not really interested in children topics. Soon someone calls for Malik.He says his goodbyes before leaving.

"Ready to go" I asked. She nods. We start our walk back home. Heather hums beside me.

"Wait tori." She says. I stop and turn to her. She goes and gets some flowers.

"No the purple ones. Mommy loves those remember." I tell her. She quickly gets purple. Then drops the pink before walking again. We soon arrived home. Heather gives the flowers to our mom.

"Oh thank you." My mother says hugging Heather tightly. Heather blushes. The door opens and my dad comes in. He kisses Heather and I's cheek before kissing my mom.

"Ew daddy." Heather yells. My father lifts her and kisses all over her. Heather giggles.

"Tell them about your new friend." I said. She starts to ramble about Malik. I go in my room while she distracts them.

~

"Tori." Heather whispers. I open my eyes.

"Yes." I said.

"Mommy and daddy went to a meeting. I don't want to sleep alone." She says. I make room for her. She quickly snuggles in my bed.

With my father being beta he has to be at most pack meetings. Then with my mother missing her mate at night, she goes with him. Leaving Heather and I alone. With her being only 8 she is sometimes afraid of sleeping alone.

"Tori. C-Can you turn on some light please." She says. I quickly turn on a night light, I keep in here for times like this.

"Heather go to sleep." I mumbled.

"Ok." She says. She soon falls asleep.
______________

Another Story. All of the credit for this cover goes to

constellation-wars

Go check her out. If there is any miss spelled words or anything please comment. I'll fix it as soon as I can. Don't copy my stuff. Thank you for reading.

Cover in the media is the first cover of the book. 5/26