Chapter 31

I woke up in a shirt that smelled like Ajax. The room was completely dark and the Tv was off. I groaned and got out of bed.

"No." Ajax growls from down stairs.

"Ajax it's best. You don't know what could happen." Lucas his third in command says.

"I don't know what's happening here when I'm gone. I'm not stupid Lucas. I will not leave her here alone." Ajax yells. I walk down the stairs. Ajax is sitting at the table across from Lucas?

"Alpha I'll watch her." He tries.

"No." Ajax says. I come behind him and massage his shoulders. He relaxes letting out a sigh. "Did I wake you up?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Are you hungry? There's steak and mash potatoes in the kitchen." He asks.

"No." I said.

"Go get me some please." He said. I go to the kitchen and make a plate for him. I walk back into the dining room to see Ajax choking Lucas.

"Ajax." I shake my head.

"You think you're smart huh?" Ajax laughs. Lucas starts turning blue. "Show yourself." Ajax growls. Next thing that happens.. There's a blue haired boy that looks nothing like Lucas. Ajax slams him against the floor.

"P-Please d-don't k-kill.." He starts but Ajax grabs him by his throat again.

"Who sent you." Ajax  barks.

"J-Jayden." He coughs out and Ajax snaps his neck.

"Shape shifter. Lucas isn't even back from destroying packs." He explained looking at me. "They're coming after you again." He sighs. I sit at the table and cut the stake. "I should just hid you in the basement." He growls

"I'm not scared." I said eating the steak.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"Because my mate is a badass and will protect me. I'm not scared." I shrug. He smirked and sat in the chair next to me.

"Is that so?" He asked I nod. "I think he wants to make you bad ass just like him." He says. I roll my eyes at that.

"No one can be as badass as him." I shake my head.

"Hmmm." He hums and kisses my cheek.

"Where's Abie ?" I asked.

"She's having a sleepover at Tony's." He grumbles. I can tell he rather have his sister here but he's doing the right thing by letting her stay.

"Hey." I growl as Ajax takes my food for me.

"It was for me remember." He smirks. I pout.

"You probably already ate." I make my eyes water. "And I made breakfast for you." I add. He put the fork in my mouth. I chew.

"Don't cry I'll fed you." He says softly. I try not to smile at my victory.

"Thank you." I said as he feeds me again.

He glares at me after a few minutes and mumbles under his breath about seeing that coming. I look into his eyes and they stare back at me. They're so perfect. He blinks.

"Stop staring." He mumbled. I look away.

"I have to get some stuff done before next week." He says.

"Can I come too?" I asked.

"You think I'll leave you here by yourself?" He asked nodding over to the body. I forgot he was there..