Chapter 36

Heather can't stay with us. My mother says she can do just fine taking care of her own child. Apparently she can't because Heather has been with us for the whole weekend. How could she not have noticed till today !? Her excuse was 'she was busy.' My father thinks it's a good idea because Heather is more happier with me. Ajax is pacing around the living room and Heather is in my lap.

"I wish I can kill her." He mumbles. I glance at him and his eyes are pitch dark. Moving Heather on the couch I grab his arm. He growls and faces me. Once he notices me his eyes soften.

"We can take her as frequent as possible. She can come over during the summer, winter and spring breaks plus every weekend we can." I say calmly.

"But I want her with us. That is how I planned it." He growls.

"I know, but that's not how it's going." I stare at him. "We need to make a new plan so it can work for all of us." I smile lightly. His eyes start going back to their regular color. He relaxes and kisses my head.

"Heather." He says turning away from me. I let go his arm.

"I know. I have to go back home because my mommy is mean." She whispers. Ajax picks her up and whispers something to her. She giggles and nods.

"I'll take you home in the morning." He says clearly. She lays on his shoulder. I sit on the couch as they whisper to each other.
-
"Victoria." Some shakes me lightly.

"Hmm."

"Come on get up." Ajax whispers.

"I don't wanna. Five more minutes." I mumble.

"You're not speaking English." He chuckles I start ignoring him now. After a few minutes I feel light kisses.

"Ajax?" A female voice says. I sit up and Ajax smirks.

"In here Amanda."He yells. A young blonde comes in.

"Oh I didn't know she was here." She yells trying to fix her hair.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"This is Amanda." Ajax stands and goes next to her. I stare at them blankly.

If he doesn't start talking we might have to teach her a lesson. My wolf growls. I agree. Even if she looked like a teen she was still to close. Ajax smirk grows.

"Who are you?" I asked. The blonde looks at Ajax who only nods.

"I-I'm Amanda." She says.

"Why are you here?" I asked. My Luna tone slipping through. She looks on the verge of tears.

"I-I.." She stutters.

"Amanda." I say and she starts crying. I stand and hug her she cries on my shoulder as I try to calm her.

"It's just you're so pretty and Ajax said you will be happy to have visitors." The girl rambles on. I glare at Ajax.

"One of the new pack members. The youngest." He tells me.

"I'm glad to have you here, Amanda. But when I don't know you and your walking with Ajax.. I think you can see my problem." I say to her. She blushes.

"What?! No. I'm so sorry. This is so embarrassing. I would never think of Ajax like that." She says Ajax raises an eyebrow. "Not saying you don't look nice Alpha Ajax. I mean you look nice but.." She rambles turning more red than before.

"It's fine Amanda but if you guys can let me get dressed." I said they agree and leave.

After showering, brushing my teeth and trying to look decent I walk to the kitchen.

"Are you sure she didn't run away?" Amanda ask.

"She wouldn't." Ajax says.

"Are you sure she's okay with role modeling me? I hear she wasn't nice to everyone and she stuck a corn stalk in some guy's butt because he looked at her." She whispers. When did I do that ? Maybe they got confused with me and Ajax.

"Well I assure you she won't do that to you and she will love role modeling you." He laughs.

"SHE DID." She panics.

"Don't scare her Jax." I make my presence known.

"H-Hi." She avoids eye contact.

"I didn't stick corn into anyone's butt. I don't know where you would hear that from." I shake my head.

"Luna." She bows. I sigh and Jax wraps his arms around me pulling me into a hug.

"I have work and you have her." He whispers. I snuggle my face into his chest. "Two hours tops." He kisses my head.

"Ok." I said feeling like I'm gonna cry. He kisses me lightly before leaving.

"So Amanda, how old are you?" I said turning towards her. She hesitates.
-
It been literally all day. Amanda kept me company but I told her I should take her home since it was getting late. Thankfully she lived in the pack house which wasn't that far and Ajax should be there. Amanda was 15 and lives with her older brother who is joining the pack as well.

"Good night. I'll see you at the ceremony." She hugs me. I hug her back and go look for Jax.

"Some wolves have been spotted close the border he has out for a few hours now with some others." Someone tells me. My hopes falls and soon I feel a hug. And before I know it I'm crying. No just small sobs and a few tears. Full blown crying.

"Would you like some water?" She asked after I calmed down. I nod. We walk to the kitchen and she pours me a glass of water and I take it thanking her. "Are you ok sweetie? Do you need the pack doctor?" She asked after pouring me another glass.

"I'm fine thank you." I said softly. She doesn't look satisfied.

"You can get a few test done and maybe Ajax would be back by then so you can distract yourself." She rubs my shoulder. I look down at the second empty glass of water. For the past week I have been acting different. I thought maybe it was just the change of surroundings. Maybe there is something wrong? Like a small fever or virus.

"Ok I'll go." I said. She smiles and leads me to the pack doctor's office
_________
Short kinda. I should be able to finish this book by mid November maybe sooner.

This book is almost at 1k votes which is amazing. Thank you all for voting. And we are already at 14k views thank you for reading.

I'll update some time by the end of this week.

Xoxo until later