Chapter 4

I slowly blinked my eyes open. The sun was slipping through the cracks of the curtain, lighting up the dark blue room walls. I try to fall back asleep although I feel someone staring at me. There was no way I could ignore it. I sat up and look towards the door. Ajax stood leaning against the door frame.

"Get ready." He commands and leaves. I get out of bed and go take a shower.

~

As soon as I'm finished. I look at myself in the mirror. I had long dark brown hair like my father with hazel eyes with a sparkle of gold like my grandmother or so I have been told that. I had slightly tanned skin making me look normal. I looked pretty decent. Shaking my head at the person in the mirror. She wore jeans and a plain shirt with converse to see her mate. I started my way down stairs. There was food on the table with a note by it. I decided to pick up the note.

Eat I will be back soon be finished by the time I get back.

I sat down and quickly ate. How was I supposed to know when he was getting back? I drank my orange juice the lady gave me after I was halfway through the meal.  Quietly I sipped on my orange juice as the door opened. I almost choked on how strong his scent gotten in the room.

"Let's go." He grumbled. I stood and followed him out the door. We got into a black Range Rover. He speeds into the woods. I slide my seatbelt on forced habit. He stops the car and looks over at me. I stop breathing. We stay like this for a few minutes before he starts to drive again. I let out a low breath and look out the window. We soon end up on a road. He speeds up I remember when Heather and I were visiting our aunt. My dad speed so fast trying to hurry almost crashing us. He stopped just in time and I was able to grab Heather before she hit her head. She was 3 at the time. I smiled softly at the almost deathly memory. I miss Heather more than anyone. I have saved her plenty of times. Took her to the park everyday. I fixed her hair, took her to school, read her bedtime stories. It was almost as if she were my child. I felt someone gently tap me pulling me out of my thoughts I look over to Ajax.

"Come on." He says. He gets out the car I soon follow. He starts his way to the huge house and I follow closely behind. I think this is the pack house. We walk in and everyone we passed bows towards Ajax. He just continued to walk. We reach two large double doors after many turns and people greeting Ajax of course. He opens it revealing a huge office. I follow him in and he closes and locks the door behind us. This was nothing like my old pack house. He then pushes the book self over revealing a passageway. He glances at me then at the passageway. I start my way through the dark tunnel. I heard something close behind us. Guessing he just closed the entrance I keep walking. I felt something take my hand and tug me faster. Soon there was an opening of light. Once we got through there was a garden. Why does he have a hidden passageway to a garden?

I looked down at my hand realizing he held it. The garden was beautiful don't get me wrong. It's just the sparks were distracting.

"Don't speak." He says. I nod slowly as a woman comes towards us. The woman has jet black hair like Ajax and brown eyes, she was kinda tall maybe 5'9.She smiled widely. I gave her a small smile in return. A man trailed behind her. He had brown hair blue eyes. He was about the same height as Ajax maybe a bit taller.They both looked around there late 30's. We walked together to a picnic table with fruit on it.

"So this must be your mate." The woman said looking at me as we all sat down. The man ate a strawberry next to her glancing at me.

"Well is he treating you right?" The man asked. I nod.

"That's good to know. Would you like some fruit?" She asked. I nod again. She pushes a fruit dish to me. "Honey. What's your name?" She asked. I was about to tell her but Ajax squeezed my hand under the table I just stared down in response. I'm not supposed to speak.

"Her throat is a little sore." Ajax says calmly.

"So sorry to hear." She says with a small smirk. I nod and look at her pleading her to help. Her expression soon changed to worry. "How about a walk?" she suggest. I nod and look at Ajax he sighs. When he starts to get up "No just me and your mate." The woman says.

"No." He shook his head.

"Just a girl talk I'll have her right back." She says. Ajax glares at the man. Almost looked as if Ajax was blaming him.

"She'll be fine. We need to talk anyway." He says. I pull my hand out of Ajax's.

"Come on sweety." The woman says. I get up and follow her. "I'm Emily by the way. Ajax is my son." She says. She continued to talk about random things. Once were far enough I decided to talk. 

"I'm Victoria." I said. She gasp and hugs me.

"I knew that demon child was lying. We could talk tomorrow? I'll come get you, that's ok?" She asked.

"Yes that's fine thank you." I said.

"I was wondering why you didn't talk. Is he forcing you to be his mate?" She asked. My wolf started to stir up a bit at her comment.

"No. He is actually my mate." I said she hugs me.

"Ok I'll get you tomorrow. We have to head back now." She says. I nod and start walking back. Once we got back we parted ways. Emily and her mate I'm guessing left.  We started our way back through the passage. The book shelf slid close on its own when we came out. Ajax glared at me. I looked away from him. He started to stride his way towards me I backed up until I reached the wall.

"I told you to do one thing. Just one and you disobeyed me." He says stopping in front of me. Leaving small space in between us. I held back my breathe again. "Little mate." He whispers. "You shall be punished." He growls. He moves and goes to his desk. I just slowly slide down and sat in the corner. I pull my knees to chest. After a few hours of sitting there staring off into space thinking of what punishment will be. I slowly started to fall asleep. I quickly shake my head trying to stay awake. I close my eyes deciding I'll just rest for a bit.
________