Chapter 14

I woke up slightly disappointed. My parents said they brought Heather back and had to go to a meeting. I get up and walk into Heather's room. It was a messy bed but it was empty. I walk down stairs to see Heather with Ajax. They both were asleep she was cuddled into his lap. Ajax was surprisingly great with kids. Even though most feared him if they knew who he was. But I'm glad Heather isn't terrified. I am jealous that she went to him and not me though. Pushing those thoughts aside I go make breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes and bacon, Heather's favorite. When I'm done I could hear Heather whispering.

"No. Tori is super nice." She whispers. Ajax whispers to her and I decided to just ask about it later. Once all goes silent I call for Heather. "Yes." She yells back.

"Go brush your teeth then come eat." I tell her.

"Ok." She says slightly disappointed. She tells Ajax she will be back and wait for her. I put three plates on the table each with two chocolate chip pancakes and some bacon. I of course made extra just incase. Ajax comes into the kitchen and I put the cups of orange juice on the table.

"You cook?" He asked surprised.

"I cook things Heather likes the most." I answer. He takes a seat and Heather moves her plate so she can sit next to him, I sit across from the two. Ajax was about to eat but I clear my throat. He looks up at me and I shake my head telling him no. Heather prays over everyone's food before taking a bite of hers. Heather likes to be the first one to eat for some odd reason. I nod slightly and Ajax starts to eat.

"Super good Tori." Heather says.

"Yeah super good Victoria." Ajax says. Heather giggles and finishes her food.

"Ajax do you want more?" Heather asked.

"No. I'm good thank you." He says.

"You sure? There is always more." Heather says going to the stove getting more pancakes and bacon. Ajax chuckles and shake his head.

"I'm full." He says. Heather still gives him two more pancakes and more bacon.

"Even daddy eats more than that. It's ok to be hungry." Heather says. Ajax gives her a smile and starts to eat. I have already finished and now I'm just waiting for my parents. This was a normal day for Heather and I. Heather collects the dishes and puts them in the sink. My mom comes in. "Mommy." Heather yells jumping on our mom. I just drink my orange juice while Ajax stares at me.

"Victoria." My mom says. I look towards her to see her with the guy.

"Um are you hungry?" I asked. The guy smiles and shakes his head.

"No I'm ok thank you." He says.

"This is you friend remember." My mother says.

"I'm sorry I never seen him before in my life." I said. Ajax chuckles and I glance at him. The guy locks eyes with Ajax. The guy heart rate quickens. Ajax smirks.

"When are you guys leaving?" My mom asked fixing a plate. Is she insane ?

"Noon." Ajax answers

"Aw I'll miss you." My mother says hugging me while putting the plate down. Ajax and Heather was whispering to each other again when father comes in.

"Good you all are here." He says. He gives Heather that look that says 'grown up talk' and she goes upstairs.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Victoria we are going to another country. Heather she is gonna be with us and this is Skip. He is going to be with us. Like a part of the family so I thought you two should meet." My father says.

"Why are you guys leaving?" I asked. Heather is already far enough from me now she's gonna be across the sea.

"Some minor problems with the pack. It's too weak and plus we have some extended family where we are going." My mother lies.

"Where are you going exactly?" I asked.

"Canada." My father states. I decided not to question any further. Canada ? Seriously we don't have family there. I stand in front of the guy.

"Nice to meet you." I said and go to Heather's room. She smiles and hugs me.

"Missed you so much Tori I don't want you to go, and I don't wanna move either." She says about to cry. I hug her. She was obviously east dropping.

"It will be ok Heather once you get older. You can come back and maybe you can live with me." I said.

"You and Ajax?" She asked. I nod slowly. "Ajax says I'm welcome over anytime but once he gets his anger under control." She says.

"Did he?" I asked. She nods.

"He likes you Tori. He was super sad yesterday that why I cuddled with him. Give him a chance please. He says he messed up and he told me secrets that you didn't tell mommy or daddy." She says.

"Secrets like what?" I asked.

"That he hit you. When he told me that I hit him for you. He told me that he really messed up and needs me to help him. By teaching him what to do and what to not do." She says.

"And what did you tell him?" I asked. I tried to cover the fact that I'm shocked he told a child that. Was he really that desperate?

"I told him that it will be ok because you are super nice and you will forgive him." She says. "So will you give him a chance for me?" She asked.

"Of course but only for you. Plus I already forgave him. I just want to see how nice he can be." I whisper. She giggles.

"Ok I won't tell him I swear." She says. I nod. For the rest of the morning. Heather and I talked and played. She slipped all of Ajax's words he told her only if I promised to give him and chance again. Now it's lunch and she's hungry so I'm making grilled cheese. "Please Ajax one more." Heather pleads. Ajax sighs and put her on his back. "Gooo!!" She yells.

Ajax runs around the house with Heather on his back. I finished up 6 grill cheese sandwiches and take them out the back. Heather soon appears and starts eating. I go get juice and a hair clip. Once Heather's hair is up, I give Ajax two sandwiches which he takes. I get two and there is one left over. After Heather finishes she drinks her juice before sitting on the ground and holding onto my leg.

"Heather." I said.

"Ajax tell Tori she can't leave." She says. Ajax chuckles and pulls the child off of me with ease. The start to talk and I ignore and finished my sandwiches. "I love you Tori." Heather says hugging me while crying.

"I love you too, don't cry." I said wiping her tears.

"I will be back hold on." She says pulling away. She soon came back with a lip gloss her favorite doll and a teddy bear. She gave the teddy bear to Ajax hugging him. Then she came to me. "This is your lip gloss. I have like 3 more in my room so I'll let you have this one back." She says smiling. I took the lip gloss. "And this is Mira. She's my favorite but I want you to have her. Play with her and think of me." She says. I take the doll as well and thank her. We both hug and cry until my mother comes. She gives me a few pictures. One of the whole family. Me Heather my dad and herself. The other was her and my dad and the next one was me and Heather. I thank her.

My father comes out next and gives me jewelry box.

"Don't open it until you are alone." He says. I nod and stand we all share a hug. Once we're done Ajax takes me the the car.

"Bye best friend see you soon!" Heather yells. Ajax waves bye. Once were in the car he drives off. I watch as my family slowly disappears. I look over the photos.

"Thank you Ajax." I mumble.

"For?" He asked confused.

"Bring me back. I really appreciate it. Plus being nice to Heather and not being a dick to her." I said.

"No problem. And Heather is my best friend now would never be a dick to her. I see why you love her so much." He says with a soft smile. "Dose this means you forgive me?" He asked after a few minutes.

"No." I answer. He sighs and continues to drive.
__________________

This chapter is mushy lol

Xoxox until next update