Four

When Xander woke the next morning, earphones still on their bladder was screaming at them. Yet they didn't feel comfortable walking past the other room to the bathroom. They hadn't thought this through when they had offered the other room away.

They heard what they thought was the external door open and close. Excellent he must be away. They left their room and headed to the toilet. Exiting after washing their hands they met a naked Hunter in the kitchen.

"Good morning." He smiled brazen as everything was on show he stretched his arms above his head, "I was just getting a glass of water. Thirsty work making your girl cum all night."

God this guy was unbelievable. Xander shook their head, "you might want to put it away. It's cold this morning and I'm sure you don't want it to look any smaller than it does now."

"Oi dyke!" He was furious that someone, especially a thing that didn't know whether it was an Arthur or a Martha, was calling his masculinity into question. 

"Sorry mate, it's true. I've fucked women with bigger dicks." Xan went through to their room finding the whole situation unsettling.

"Freak!"

Casey entered the flat with croissants and coffee. "What the fuck Hunt. Go put some clothes on."

He twitched his face in disdain. "You're flatmate's a fucking cow."

"Well if I found a naked man just wandering around my house I'd be pissed too." The blonde spat back. "Go get dressed and just go."

"What!?"

"I'll call you later but just go now."

"Bitch."

"What did you just call me?"

"I called you a bitch. Siding with that thing." He pointed to the room.

"Do you not understand that what you've just done could be considered sexual assault."

"As if I'd fuck that."

"Oh god you're such an arsehole. Just get out." Casey screamed. "I don't fucking care that you'll have to get back to your room like that. Since you're so keen to flaunt it." She pushed him towards the door.

That's when it happened he grabbed her roughly by the shoulders and pushed her to the floor. "Oh shit I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I didn't mean it. Please babe you have to understand you just angered me and I didn't mean to."

Hearing the commotion from outside their room Xander debated going to help. But as they heard a tumble to the ground they automatically got up to check the blonde was okay. "I think you should go."

"I think you should mind your own business. This is all your fault." Hunter shook his head.

"Please just go before I call security." Xander looked serious.

"Can I get my clothes?"

"Quickly." They sat down on the floor next to a crying Casey and moved the braid back behind the blonde's ear. Trying to encourage her to look at them.

"Get your hands off her. She's not into freaks."

"Mate you just assaulted your girlfriend. You can think of me what you like but we both know you're a controlling asshole, so just fuck off."

"Case, I didn't mean it."

"Hunt go," Casey offered meekly, " I'll talk to you later."

He left. Casey wrapped her arms around Xander and let the tears go. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"You've got nothing to be sorry for." The soccer player held her closer. They wanted to say that Hunter was a prick but wasn't sure how that would be received so they said nothing while they continued to hold the sobbing blonde.

Casey didn't feel like they had to move away or end the hug, it felt good and comforting. It was so easy to let Xander hold her. They were so kind it amazed Casey how the footballer remained so level headed when faced with discrimination. He had no right to talk to them like that. No one did. "I'm sorry for what he said to you."

"You don't need to apologize for him, he's a grown up. He has his own mind and mouth." Xander moved back so they could capture Casey's eyes with her own. She's beautiful. I could look into these eyes forever and never tire of them. That is just not helpful. Don't fall for your roommate Xander told themself.

"I'm still sorry you have to deal with that shit."

"You get used to it." Xander looked sad, "you just have to accept that some people have a narrow minded view of the world and it will limit their experiences."

"You're a lot braver than me, when I was with my girlfriend back in high school I didn't want anyone to know in case people stopped liking me."

"You had a girlfriend?" They straightened up to talk but remained sitting on the floor close to each other.

"Yeah I'm bi I think but maybe pan. I think I'm attracted to the person, regardless of gender."

"Right, I pretty much just like girls, well women I guess."

Casey smiled, "do you find it harder being non binary."

"Sometimes it's harder for people to understand. I just don't fully identify with either gender, doesn't mean I don't appreciate the lady parts I have but I am not in line with that feminine part emotionally speaking. I don't want a penis or boy parts, well except for if a girl wants me with a strap." Xander laughed. "Can I ask?"

"Yeah, since you've just used the term strap I think pretty much everything is on the table." Casey smiled.

The brunette looked at her lips, and got caught for a second, "surely you must enjoy sex with a woman more than you do with a guy."

"I've never slept with a woman. My ex girlfriend and I just fooled around furthest we got was playing with each other's nipples and a wee bit over the clothes touching."

"Oh stop it, you're turning me on." Xander laughed to hide the fact their body was actually reacting. They gulped as they imagined what it would feel like to be with the blonde in front of them.

Casey smiled, "you never been with a guy?"

"Now there's a question that has the same reaction as a cold shower." They joked before adding seriously "If I say not by choice can we leave it at that?"

"Yeah." Casey gave the brunette a sincere smile, "sorry."

"Stop saying sorry, you weren't to know. Anyway," they stood up and offered the blonde a hand, "the floors getting cold."

"Thanks." Casey said, standing up and leading Xander to the breakfast bar by the hand. "I got you an iced pumpkin latte."

"How'd you know?"

"The label on your cup yesterday."

"Yeah god it feels like I've known a lot longer than a day."

"Yeah it definitely does."

They found themselves smiling at each other again. Before Xander asked, "so what you going to do about Hunter?"