Six

Xander decided that iced coffee for class was not for them this morning. They wanted to at least get the first few weeks in before they needed to add the stress of a job to their school and soccer schedule.

They looked around them. There were so many students here where it was clear money was no object. But as a scholarship student they weren't one of them. Their parents had really anticipated college was an option and the small amount of funding they'd saved up was used to pay for their fathers funeral. So if they wanted an education there weren't any other options but work.

They brought the laptop from their battered backpack and set it up ready to take notes. Casey still hadn't arrived from the coffee shop and the lecture hall was fast filling up. Eventually the blonde appeared and Xan waved and smiled over to indicate that they'd kept them a seat. Before their heart sank as they noticed the law student appeared to be with a group of what seemed to be other law students.

Casey shrugged her shoulders by way of an apology and sat with the other students she'd arrived with. Xander stared at their Lock Screen trying not to let their disappointment ebb out onto their face.

By the end of the first lesson Xander was already lost. Despite trying to make notes. Their mind had been distracted. Packing things away slowly they let the rest of the students file past her on the row and the arena empty.

As they finally made it from the room. They could hear Casey's voice.

"No they're not. They are they."

"Whatever we all know, you love a project."

Xander could feel the group's eyes on them as they walked on.

"But honestly babe, whatever they are or aren't, I think they are beyond help."

The brunette heard the giggles and walked a little faster. They knew all too well how cruel people could be. First it was about the fact they grew up on a farm, the kids in elementary school would joke that they smelled like horseshit. Then they didn't have enough money for the right clothes so they'd get bullied about being poor but that was nothing compared to coming out as gay in junior high or non- binary in their senior year. They thought it would have been different in college.

They headed to the only place they had ever found themself accepted, the soccer field.

They sat mid way up the bleachers and watched the first team set up for a practice. Ainsley was talking with Coach Marshall while they set up the different drills. Before too long the captain spotted them and headed towards them.

"What brings you here? You, checking out the competition for the top spot."

Xander smiled. "Forgot this was your practice time actually. Just wanted to get away from everything for a bit."

"Oh, you okay?"

"Yeah I'll be fine."

"Look we're short, Henderson has covid. So join us if you want."

"I don't have my studs."

"We'll not laugh too much if you end up on your ass. Anyway it'll give coach a chance to see if you're as good as you think you are."

"Oh" Xander said with a smirk, "I'm better."

"I bet you are." The redhead less than subtly ran their eyes over the brunette.

Xander raised their eyebrows and nodded, "okay then looks like you've got yourself a player." They moved down the stand following the captain. They're is more than one way to get Casey off my mind. They considered as they checked out the redheads butt.

By the time the practice and the mini games were over. Xander had on more than one occasion showed the girl who played in the same position how to play soccer. Much to the first team players dismay.

"She just got lucky." The dark haired, winger with tied back long braids muttered to her friends as they left the field.

Xander helped the redhead pack up the markers and cones.

"You coming to the quiz tonight?" Ainsley asked as she closed the storage container.

"Don't know if I'm really in the mood for company to be honest."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah I need to try to understand my last class. My roommate was going to help but I'm beginning to think she sees me as a project." Xander gave a weird nod as she twisted her mouth into a winced smile.

"God you're one of them kind."

"Eh?"

"In love with their roommate." Ainsley smiled, "what's the issue, is she straight?"

"I'm not in love with her. I've only known her a minute anyway. She's bi. Anyway she has an asshole boyfriend."

"Whatever dude." Ainsley smiled. "What class is it?"

"Economics."

They watched as the team waved as they exited the change areas, saying bye and offering a wave.

Xander followed Ainsley without thinking that they didn't actually have to change.

"That's my major. Who's the teach?"

"Professor Anders."

"Flirt with her, you're exactly her type. She's into masc presenting, same as me. If you want to come back to the house I'll help." The redhead smiled. "I just gotta shower first." She gave the brunette the look.

Xander nodded, it had been a while since they'd gotten laid. "Yeah" they held the redhead's blue eyes. "Think I could do with a shower too."

Ainsley smiled as she moved to lock the exterior door from the inside. Xander removed their own T shirt before moving over and walking the redhead backwards pushing her against the now locked door. They captured the captain's lips with their own as they started to undress them.

"I knew you'd be a good fuck." Ainsley said as she started dressing.

"Thanks, I think."

"You're still coming back to look through that homework."

"If you still want me too?" Xander raised an eyebrow, "I think I'm reading you right but in the interest of transparency."

"Yeah, I want you to come back."

"So,"

"So"

"So we're on the same page, we're just hooking up right," Xander confirmed.

"Finally, someone who can make me cum and read the room." The redhead smiled.

"And it won't jeopardize my chances at a place on the team."

Ainsley smiled, "keep making me cum like that and who knows it might help them." She laughed.

Xander lifted their bag, "well looks like you've got yourself a study buddy for the night."