Thirty- Eight

"Hey" xander smiled as Cassie opened the door.

"Hey yourself." The blonde gave the soccer player an appreciative once over.

"We alone?" Xander asked as they stepped inside.

"Xander!"

"Well I guess that answers that question." The brunette said before being almost knocked to the floor with a running hug from Dawn.  "Might want to leave a few ribs intact."

"Eh?"

"Nothing kiddo."

"Mom, can I go play soccer with Xander?"

"You, not told her yet?"

"No, I thought I'd let you do the honors." The blonde smirked as she studied the soccer player's face glancing at their lips then back to their Jade gaze.

"Ah." Xander held Casey's blue eyes and smiled.

"What's going on?" Dawn interrupted the pair's eye flirting game.

"Well," Xander crouched down to eye level. "Your mom and I thought you might like to go to the fair?"

"Really" Dawn excitedly gave Xander a bear hug then turned and ran to her mom who picked her up and hugged her.

"So." Casey said lowering her daughter back to the floor, "go get your sneakers on and a jacket."

Dawn went running to her room.

Xander stood back up and looked at the mom. "You look good as always."

"Apart from that shiner you look pretty amazing yourself." She looked at the brunette's lips, "I've been thinking about that kiss all day."

"Aww I see. What and you want another is that what you're saying?" The brunette smirked exposing their dimples.

"Mmmm." Casey moved forward. She stroked the brunette's face and was about to connect their lips for the third time that day.

Xander gulped; they felt the intensity of the moment. They could feel the blondes' breath on their faces and they closed their eyes expecting the next moment to be exquisite ecstasy.

"Mom!" The shout from the other room punctured the space between them.

Both of them smiled and shook their heads before the blonde disappeared to answer the call. Xander stood alone with the intense energy running through their system, a buzz, a happiness. They felt a throb from between their legs. They were completely aroused as they could feel how stupidly wet they had also become.

Before too much longer the trio arrived at the fair. Casey drove after shaking their head that Xander still hadn't mastered this.

Dawn connected them by taking both of their hands while they headed into the park. The atmosphere was littered with twinkling fairy lights and beeping sounds, ringing alarms of people winning and merry go round music. The air is thick with smells of spun sugar and smoky hotdogs and roasted nuts. It all added to the excitement as Dawn started to gallop. Both Casey and Xander instantly lifted the girl off the ground and swung her small frame. She giggled.

Casey spent a moment in her head thinking about how an experience like this was something she always wanted for her daughter, she hoped where she had the love and affection of two parents. She saddened a second knowing that maybe she could have always had this. Looking at Xander realizing that she should have always had them.

"You good?" The brunette asked.

"Yeah." Casey smiled, "Happier than I have been in a very long time."

The soccer player smiled back. "Me too. Right kiddo where first?"

"Hmmm" Dawn looked around the park. "Ghost train."

"Okay."

They headed in the direction of Dawn's chosen ride. The young girl dropped thier hands and walked slightly ahead.

"May I," Xander asked, offering the blonde their hand.

Casey smiled, "you may." She took the brunette's hand and intertwined their fingers.

It was dark as they stepped off the carousel a few hours later. Xander was holding a large stuffed bear they had shared the ride with. Casey a bag of candy from a pick and mix stall. They smiled at each other. Dawn pointed to the ferris wheel.

"Yeah I'm not sure about that one." Casey said, looking nervously at Xander. "But I was thinking of checking that out. She indicated a small tent offering tarot readings.

"Well, why don't I take her on the ride and you go do that. We'll come and get you."

Casey smiled.

As the soccer player walked off hand in hand with her daughter she watched them. Xander, the massive bear and Dawn her heart smiled. Before she turned and headed over to the tent.

"Come in sweetheart." The man beckoned as she moved into the tent. "Take a seat."

The blonde sat down opposite. The man was strangely familiar. She studied his face as she tried to place him.

"Las Vegas the day before Christmas almost eight years ago." He said before looking up.

"The mistletoe?"

"Yes. Pleased to meet you again."

Casey smiled; this had to be a good sign.

"Please tell them they are here with you?"

"Yeah they are with my..."

"Daughter." The psychic smiled.

"Yes."

"So we can do a reading or I can tell you that they are here to stay if you let them. You need to communicate better this time around."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't make the same choice you did last time. You'll destroy everything."

"I won't."

"Tell them to come see me."

Casey nodded. Handed the man money.

He shook his head, "no you helped so much than you know before. You're a kind soul, don't ever doubt that you deserve happiness."

"Thank you."

She waited for Xander and Dawn to join her outside the tent. She watched as family groups walked away from the fair. It was almost 9pm when she spotted the brunette carrying her daughter.

"She's beat." The soccer player said.

"Yeah two late nights in a row, will do that." The blonde smiled lifting her daughter from the smiling brunette. "You've to pop in." She indicated to the tent behind her. "He's the guy from Vegas that gave us mistletoe."

Xander looked confused, and they stepped into the tent.

"It's so good to see you here. Only have one thing to say to you." The old man said, "You're soul maybe Alex but your body is yours. Don't worry."

Xander smiled, "how did you know?"

The old man smiled. "See you in the next life in many many years to come."

Xander nodded and stepped back out. They looked at Casey holding a snoozing Dawn, and felt like they were home for the first time since their  Dad passed.